Home Assistant Integration

is it possible to have the motion detected event available on HA?

2 Likes

I noticed that ‘dog barking’ is a new report for event feedback on the new Wyze AI detections.
I really hope we get a wider selection of integrations soon, as I would love to do something in my smart home when it detects my dog barking. However, that’s going to have to include finally allowing us an official API so we can make a Home Assistant integration.

All we need is the API. The Home Assistant community can take care of the integration coding.

2 Likes

I was able to add the camera feed to HA with just this bit in my configuration file:

There’s not api open to control the camera through HA though right?

The TinyCam author documented everything - his implementation of the stock Wyze protocols including controls - and I assume someone in HA land must have run with it by now…

1 Like

@customer do you have a link to @alexey.vasilyev 's document? I have been unsuccessful in my searches.

2 Likes

I didn’t and it took me a few minutes but I found it for you. He answered someone here a while back with the links:

1 Like

Thanks for tracking that down. I never would have found it.

I’ll be happy to see RTSP support whenever it finally shows up.
Using the reverse engineered Wyze interface is beyond my skills.

The startlight vision in the V3s is awesome, but I won’t be purchasing anymore V3s until the integrated RSTP firmware is released.

2 Likes

RTSP aside, isn’t HomeAssistant integration necessary to disable notifications when you’re home? Using a fixed schedule is not useful for me, especially during these Covid times. With HomeAssistant, it would be easy to geofence it so that HA automatically disables notifications while I’m home - that would also be a lot less work for the Wyze team than rolling their own geofencing system.

I don’t see how Wyze notifications can be of use to anyone without this kind of functionality.

1 Like

@UserCustomerGwen, can we please get this as a new year present for the loyal customers? :smiley: so many votes already…

1 Like

All we need in order to make this work is an API. If you can give us an API, the open source HomeAssistant community can own the actual integration. @UserCustomerGwen do you think an API is feasible for Wyze Sense v2 so that our HomeAssistant community can own and create the integration ourselves?

1 Like

Lot of praise here about the Aqara sensors. Anyone used the Sonoff Sensors? How are those when it comes to HA integration. Asking because seems like the Aqara Hub v3 is still not well integrated with HA.

1 Like

You can use aqara sensors without the hub. You do need zigbee adapter though. I’ve got a half dozen of them. They’re a pain to pair but then work really well. Sonoff products also work well and can be flashed with alternative firmwares.

2 Likes

Based on recommendation in these threads, I did order a sonoff door/ window sensor, a motion sensor and one of their smart plugs to try out - if you are in no hurry, you can get them real cheap thru hong kong sellers on ebay- took 2-3 weeks but really cheap - and they just plain work, albeit zigbee based. But this also means they are local polling, so we truly have control of them long term. They are not quite as small as the wyze sensors, but they wont self destruct if you let the battery run down either.

3 Likes

Thanks! Just ordered the sonoff bridge and 6 sensors. Going to slowly replace the 20+ sensors I have. The dead sensors are not as much of an issue as much the no API issue is tbh. But I highly doubt Wyze is going to give us an API.

1 Like

Now that V2 is released, does it work with version 1 hub that links with home assistant?

Don’t know the details but reading what is available seems like a totally redesigned system so probably will not work.

With the release of the Wyze Vacuum, we need an API for Home Assistant now more than ever. I’d love to have the new vacuum at home and two of our office locations, but if it doesn’t communicate with Home Assistant I’ll hold off on buying them for now.

4 Likes

So would I

I’m sure I’m not alone, I’d even be open to paying a monthly fee for a “developer” account to give api access. Best of both worlds, advanced users get affordable hardware and Wyze gets their recurring monthly revenue.

yo devs what’s the status on this?