Home Assistant Integration

Wyze Integration feature request

Home assistant cross post

Boosted Post

2 Likes

10th most voted wish list item. Yet no recognition…

2 Likes

Thanks, @RoldyBuffalo. I threw up some quick questions.

We should probably all be voting for Apple HomeKit integration also, as that requires the ability to control locally and will also help our cause here. Not to mention the HomeAssistant integration for HomeKit (HomeKit Controller) which is local push, so if it’s HomeKit compatible I’d assume it should be HomeAssistant compatible!?

3 Likes

Hi @UserCustomerGwen, would you kindly evaluate this and let us know your thoughts? Thanks!

3 Likes

The post has now been reopened, I will continue to answer any questions you may have about the platform in that thread, let’s kindly leave this thread for upvotes, and pertinent information about that.

Thank you for reviewing it for promptly.

I suppose I should include the post was flagged by a community member for violating community standards, one which you cannot represent or advertise a 3rd party service, but, home assistant is open source, from the ground up; so I’m not sure that applies to this situation, then after review from team members, beyond the first initial gutshot reaction, the post was restored.

Original post:

I just got snuffed out for posting a thread about home assistant, it was a longer one, one I was open to answering any questions in about the platform, or setting it up. 10 hours after posting it, loki snuffed it entirely. Seems someone is a tad upset about us taking our stuff out of the cloud.

All I can say is I’m becoming quite disappoint(ed) in how it’s being handled. This coming from one of the first 5k backers of the outdoor cam, owner of over 20 sensors, and 5 other cameras. Wyze? Gwen? This is unacceptable.

The Post in question

1 Like

wow…i didn’t expect this…yeah similar to you i own 6 cameras and 20+ sensors with 2 hubs…wish they would open this up. I have no issues them taking my data. just give me local control!

2 Likes

:astonished:

I actually had the idea today of a small device (like a local hub) for local control $10-$20 extra.
Then they can store my data until the internet connection is back so then they can upload the data.
I know it’s not exactly what we want here, and I don’t think I would pay more than that for such a device.

I’m honestly for anything allowing local control because of my intermittent internet issues.
(Yes, I have been fighting with my ISP over the issue also with no progress yet)

2 Likes

What the heck? More Home Assistant support from Wyze would only make us buy MORE Wyze hardware. This is very disappointing. Thanks again for your responses. I just saved a copy. Better get used to saving anything important locally - oh the irony.

2 Likes

The post was closed as the result of a community flag and has now been re-opened.

4 Likes

Thank you for reconsidering.

3 Likes

All I can say at this point is that I haven’t heard of us going this route specifically but that we have been discussing developer APIs. Sorry I don’t have more info for you!

3 Likes

That is great news

1 Like

I agree! Though it isn’t a guarantee at this point. Right now, it’s under investigation and discussion and it’s still possible we won’t go that route.

7 Likes

I’ve added my upvote here.

I thought I’d take advantage of the significant interest in this thread to lobby for support of Pan-Presets for the WyzeCam Pan.

No presets on WyzeCam Pan. Please provide your upvote. I believe that fixing this would be a weekend project for one of the Wyze Software Engineers.

[edit…] I was so busy whining about the new WyzeCam Outdoor I forgot to mention I’m also investigating Yi Outdoor plug-in wifi cameras + the Yi-hack. If anyone has experience with these cameras, it may be time for a new thread. Note: the Yi-Hack firmware supports Home Assistant!!

1 Like

Huh I thought Yi was already supported. Also, that firmware guy is charging for RTSP support?

RTSP server - which will allow a RTSP stream of the video while keeping the cloud features enabled (available to the supporters of the project).`

`

EDIT: clarification: (yi-hack is “free” viewd & RSTP support are donationware)… but charges are modest(5 euros between $USD6 - $USD7). I’m just at the beginning of this exploration

YiHack mod to enable VIEWD and RSTPv4

(from URL referenced above)
NOTE: viewd is currently closed source donationware and can’t be compiled. This is mostly to prevent others from monetizing this function, for example Chinese sellers selling pre-hacked cameras and such. Sadly those exist… Keep in mind that you don’t have to donate insane amounts! A single year of Yi-Cloud subscription already costs ~40$, to put things into perspective.

Honestly that’s pretty disappointing. Of course people should be paid for their work if they ask, but at least two different pages led me to believe most Yis were already supported. :frowning: Thanks.

Yi Home Cameras - Home Assistant

rtsp firmware is free from wyze, what are you on about all this hackenfirmware? Hold up. I’ll update this comment with the proper linkage.

legit googled “wyze cam rtsp”

first link