HMS - Would like to tie rules / shortcuts / notifications to the Home/Away/Disarm modes

Hello @Wyze please work on an app update for this. This is basic home security function. I was so looking forward to this product release, but I am stuck using my kangaroo system for now. At least it automatically arms. Also, would love to be able to tie in the alarm on the V3 cameras in the event of an alarm trigger.

4 Likes

I am needing this as well. I keep setting the alarm off when I go out through a door that doesn’t have a pad on it. I’d be surprised that they didn’t think of this.

+1 on this, I am considering sending back due to this and no way to incorporate rules for notifications tied to HMS modes, it’s a simple thing to do I would think…

I don’t understand how the system was launched without being made available in the scheduling portion of the app.

I agree… Seems like scheduling on/off would’ve been a fundamental option to be included as part of the HMS hub software…

However, you can use an app like Tasker (for Android) to build what is essentially “rules”… Although this a bit more involved for a solution especially seeing how scheduling should’ve already been included… I think this is a good temporary workaround…

Really disappointed with this. Scheduling is a basic feature. Hope they fix it ASAP. I keep triggering the alarm…

Welcome to the forum community @sai !

Agreed!

You can vote to help make HMS scheduling and rules for arming/disarming the next Wyze topic for the development team to focus on! The wishlist link is below! Just click on the vote button located at the top left.

2 Likes

I would like to see a schedule option for the “I’m home” option on the home monitoring system so that it would automatically activate when I go to bed and deactivate when I get up. Like: on at 11pm and off at 6am then go back to disarm.

30 Likes

100% this. I love the new Wyze home monitoring, but this is one functionality my last alarm system had that I can’t setup at the moment. At the very least, add more home monitoring functionality to Rules. Right now, I can’t setup a schedule around the home monitoring status. Would it be possible to add it there?

3 Likes

Agreed. Why this wasn’t in the initial setup is beyond me. Scheduling the alarm to arm and disarm at chosen times should have easily been part of the service. Please add ASAP.

3 Likes

This is a must have feature ASAP. I kept my ADT subscription while trying Wyze HMS. If they don’t add this single feature I may need to keep ADT and cancel wyze before my trial expires.

3 Likes

I completely agree! I would love to be a part of testing this out if that is needed! A schedule is key, especially with young kids. I don’t have the memory to run over there to turn it on and off all of the time.

4 Likes

My friend’s house was burglarized because of this same issue. Forgetting to arm the system and the thief opened one door and the alarm didn’t go off. He made out with a purse full of cash and cc.

2 Likes

100% agreed. Just setup my system and spent good amount of time to find option to schedule it but no luck.

Waiting for this feature eagerly :-).

4 Likes

I’m shocked that this feature was left out. I figured Wyze would be big into home automation, so why no automation of the alarm monitoring?

4 Likes

I’m waiting for this too. It’s kind of an essential component of modern home monitoring guys.

3 Likes

I know its not a perfect solution for scheduling, but if you have IFTTT setup for the monitoring, you could possibly setup a system on function that will enable monitoring, then disable. Schedule this with a cronjob or scheduled task if windows. Even better, yet, with a simple on/off you could possibly even associate a device to your system, when you leave, have router or similar system detect you are not present, and pass command to ifttt. When you return, itll detect your device has returned and automatically disarm. The best monitoring solution IMO is one you dont think about. Its just there and ready to go when needed.

I wrote up a couple scripts for my own setup for the wyzecam here: Simple little script i wrote for IFTTT. It pulls a list of active clients from within my router, which is dd-wrt. Similar commands exist for tomato and openwrt. Refer to your device's documentation for how to use. Then if the user's MAC address is no longer detected, it can run your ifttt webhook url, or any other action you prefer to automate your IoT cameras, lights, etc. Script can be run at startup on whatever platform you wish and live in background. · GitHub

and here:

one detects my device’s presence by looking at associated clients on the wireless interface, the other is a more rudimentary pingtest.

Agreed, there are definitely some shortcomings. Hopefully the wyzeteam addresses this, and doesnt make it a silly feature request. These are basic functionality of any security system, not ‘features’.

1 Like

Thank you for all this. I don’t see an action in IFTTT for enabling the home monitoring. I have settled on setting a reminder to turn it off and on.

1 Like

Agreed! Missed opportunity not having a schedule.

2 Likes

Please yes. Switched from a cheap system advertised on Facebook to wyze and lost this functionality.