HMS - Would like to tie rules / shortcuts / notifications to the Home/Away/Disarm modes

I would absolutely love this. My SO was complaining about the WiFi lightbulbs a bit, and I really want to tie in the disarm of the home monitoring system with the turning on of the lights in the living room, so she doesn’t even have to think about it, we disarm the system, and the light turns itself on without us even having to go into the app. It would be cool, too to arm the system and turn off the light at night.

1 Like

Feature is in the latest beta app…see my post here:

2 Likes

Very happy to see the new “Monitoring Rules” feature for Home Monitoring, however it is currently very limited.

1. You have to setup different “Monitoring Rules” which are not tied in any way to “Device Rules”… it would be much more convenient to be able to link device Rules to Monitoring Rules (e.g. “Set for Away AND turn on all Cameras or turn on Camera Notifications”)
  2. There is no way to have “Monitoring Rules” that ONLY work under certain settings. For example, I want to schedule my “Home” setting when I go to bed each night and “Disarm” when I wake up each morning. However, when I’m away on vacation and the system is set to “Away” I do not want the “sleep/wake” schedules to run (… I defiantly don’t want to “Disarm” automatically while I’m gone for 2 weeks!).

Just having basic “set Away at X time, set Home at X time, etc…” is not going to allow for proper scheduling of events without a lot of continued manual work for exceptions (like vacations).

Even having an option to disable a rule temporarily would be better. Now the only way to stop the rules is to delete them.

1 Like

This has to do with the wyze sensor keypad that arms the entry sensors etc. Is there a way to make the keypad trigger rules that you can set up? IE, “when away is pressed, turn on all push notifications for camera x, y, z, and all sensors”

This feels like a basic feature that should be implemented stock? Why do I need to set up rules it hat require a manual trigger in-app, when I have a keypad right here that I’m supposed to interact with when leaving and arriving home?

2 Likes

It would be nice if we could integrate the alarm system into the rules. For instance I have a sleep button that turns off the lights locks the door and turns on my bedroom light but it would be nice if it would arm the alarm system.

1 Like

Rule/feature tying thermostat vetting to home monitoring setting

Would be very useful to have the thermostat made tied to home monitoring settings. For instance, when you leave you home and set the monitoring to “away” the thermostat mose also switches to away.

2 Likes

I want HMS to arm automatically when I leave my geofence area around my home. Pretty standard feature I think.

Wyze Watch shortcut to control HMS alarm state Home/Away/Disarm

Please let us control our HMS with our Wyze watches and band asap.

I AGREE! I’d also like to be able to tie in rules. This seems simple and intuitive to me. To be able to set cam recordings of video to the away or home modes and turned off when disarmed would not only save sanity wrt notifications but also battery life of outdoor cams involved which otherwise might be recording video throughout the day unnecessarily. Which was my exact problem in fact.

2 Likes

Enable/Disable Notifications based on state of the home

There should be an option to automatically disable notifications from either all devices or from specific devices (i.e motion sensor) when the system is disarmed. Similarly, when the system is in the home or away state the notifications should automatically enable. Currently the only option is to disable or enable all notifications manually. The user shouldn’t need to manually do this as it should be possible to set a trigger.

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

5 Likes

Agree it just seems intuitive to have this feature. Wyze is this being worked on?

1 Like

Notification Settings: Differentiate when Home Monitoring is Disarmed

Please offer the opportunity to customize the notifications settings DEPENDENT on the status of the home monitoring system.

Currently, based on what I can see now in the Android app, notifications appear to be all or nothing. I would prefer to be able to customize such as:

• get all notifications when the system is armed Away
  • get notifications on only doors when system is armed Home
  • get notifications only on leak when system is disarmed.

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

3 Likes

I read through most the comments but didn’t see this one… while having triggers for Disarmed, Armed Home, and Armed Away, another important trigger would be “ALARMING”! Where this would be extremely useful is if there was an “Alarming” trigger then you could turn on a Wyze Plug that is connected to a siren and place these in key areas to improve the volume of your alarm siren. Not just a siren but also Wyze Plugs connected to lights to turn on the lights in the house… or turn on Wyze Bulbs to 100% if alarm is “Alarming”.

3 Likes

I purchased this home monitoring system expecting this to be possible. I now have to set my alarm followed by a second manual step of executing the shortcut I created to match the alarm state. Come on Wyze, this is a must. Please add the ability to execute rules based on home monitoring alarm state or allow for a shortcut to set the alarm state.

5 Likes

I totally agree.
I really wonder what went into their mind to not include this “day one”. It’s not like it’s creating security weaknesses.
It is in fact the “clean” way to properly automate the HMS and have it activate satellite items upon the trivial “Arming” and “Disarming” events.

Moderator Note:

The ability to use HMS mode and state as a trigger for rules has been added to this overall request:

• HMS system mode change (Disarmed, Home, Away, Test)
  • HMS alarm state change (active/on-duty sensor has been triggered & off/clear)

Therefore, this Wishlist topic is being closed and unlisted. Please post further comment in the referenced thread.

1 Like

Features requested by OP have been delivered in the 2.40 app.

5 Likes