HMS Sense Hub Offline - how to reset the connection?

Just recently installed HMS. Within a few days the sense hub went offline. When I click the device on the Wyze app, it says “check Internet connection”. All I can do is click on report an issue which takes me to submit a log to support. Is there a way to re-setup the device. I tried to hold the reset button for 10 seconds and it says, “please follow instruction on your Wyze app” but the app still shows the device offline and there is nothing to help me troubleshoot the connection. Anyone has this issue before?

Just to add that all my other Wyze devices are all on-line and only HMS Wyze hub sense and all the censors (motion and doors) offline.

Haven’t received mine yet…have you tried a complete power cycle of the hub? Probably requires battery removal and unplugging it.

This is to help you during setup. This informs users to follow the Wyze app prompts to setup the base.
Now that you have pressed the setup button, the hub is factory reset, you’ll need to delete it from the app and set it up again. You may also need to re-link the sensors.

1 Like

RESOLVED!! Thank you for the tip. It works. I have to delete it from the app and went thru the setup all over again.

2 Likes

What kind of a solution is it that when you lose network connection for whatever reason you must delete and rediscover all devices. Come on Wyze you can do better.

I was told by support that they have troubles with the Ethernet connection and they had me to delete / reset and start from scratch with a WiFi configuration.

When I asked about how to reset there was no such option. You cannot power cycle the device as you cannot disconnect the backup battery.

I expected a method to power cycle / boot the system.

I am monitoring a remote property so I am counting on reliability and the ability to resolve issues remotely… Glad I was on the original install.

The install went smoothly connected via Ethernet, discovered all devices, and completed all monitoring setup. BUT when I placed the system in test mode it immediately went offline. I wonder if there is an abandoned account stranded on the monitoring platform, but as I recall from the panic button design they do everything real time at the time of an event.

The reinstall over WiFi was fast and smooth as expected and things are good so far since.

But I knock off points for no method to boot system and would really like the ability to do that remotely.

Brlepage, I initially set up my home monitoring system by first connecting my hub via ethernet cable. Once I got everything up and running, with all sensors attached, I needed to move my hub to a location more central to all entry points, not near my router. I unhooked and moved, plugged back in, and then found that the hub was now showing “off-line”. I could find no way to even try to find or connect to wifi, not in my app on my phone or online. I had to move my hub back to the router, which defeats the purpose of the siren. What do I need to do to get it connected via wifi so that I can move it to the correct location?

Unfortunately, at this time there is no way to switch from Ethernet to WiFi once setup. You’ll need to reset your hub and start over connecting to WiFi during setup.