HMS Hub - Test your battery

I’m now on my third HMS hub with a bad backup battery. If you haven’t already, please test your battery.

How are you testing? Just pulling the plug? What results do you get that indicate the battery is bad?

1 Like

It cuts off and doesn’t do a thing likes it’s turned off. It starts working fine when plugged back in.

Seen that, but mostly in conjunction with other problems at the time. Most of the time it just complains about not being connected to power until I plug it back in.

At least you battery is working

I just opened a ticket for this problem. Unplug the hub and it says “Now running on backup ba”, cuts out somewhere mid message and never completes saying “battery”. Then lights go out and it goes offline until plugged back in. Probably hadn’t unplugged it since I got it so imagine it never worked. Just noticed this because I was curious since support seemed to claim this hadn’t happened before…which seems unlikely in any case considering how many are in use.

1 Like

Happens to me fairly often, mostly after losing the internet connection.

“I was curious since support seemed to claim this hadn’t happened before…”
They must not have looked up my tickets before they told you that.
““Now running on backup ba”, cuts out somewhere mid message and never completes saying “battery”. Then lights go out and it goes offline until plugged back in”
All three that I’ve had do the exact thing.

Three?! Good lord, thanks for keeping at them about it. Hopefully they get it sorted.

Well I got a replacement kit from wyze and and am still having some problems with the hub battery backup. A couple times when I unplug the power it’s stayed on with battery backup for quite some time. But sometimes it still turns off halfway through the “Now running on…” message.
I’ve since seen there’s a beta firmware for the hub that might address this. I’m not anxious to run beta firmware on my security system, but hopefully they push a fix for this battery issue. Must be a lot of people that don’t realize they’re SOL on their security system if power is cut.

Yea. I’m plugging mine into an UPS. I’m looking forward to the firmware update. It’s too bad they sent me two more hubs thinking it was hardware defect.

There are many other problems if power fails than just the hub…router, switches, etc.

Yes, obviously, but when you’re going to the trouble to use UPS on those systems or at least expect your siren to work it’s a serious bug. They could have warned HMS users that the backup feature is defective and shouldn’t be expected to protect them.

1 Like

I can confirm that the firmware update fixed the problem. My backup battery now works!