help with some basic wyzecam v2 questions

let me see if i got this right, because i cant seem to find any solid clear info.

with the cloud, it saves 15 second clips of motion or sound. and there is a 15 minute cooldown between clips? it also stores the clips in the cloud for 14 days. and this service lasts forever free? is this right?

also, you can view a live feed of your camera on your phone for an infinite amount of time, whenever you want. correct?

and there is no way to have 24/7 recording on the cloud, just live feed and 15 second clips.

and now, for sd card. you can have an sd card in and have all the functions of the cloud work as normal, correct? and you can use the sd card to record 24/7. now to view this footage, do you need to take the sd card out psychically, or can you stream it to your phone (the 24-7 footage)?

im just trying to understand exactly how the cloud storage and sd storage works, because i cant seem to find any solid info. and if theres anything else i should know, please let me know.

thank you

1 Like
with the cloud, it saves 15 second clips of motion or sound. and there is a 15 minute cooldown between clips? it also stores the clips in the cloud for 14 days. and this service lasts forever free? is this right?
It saves 12 second alert videos with a 5-minute cooldown between alerts. These are stored in the cloud for 14 days. The service lasts as long as Wyze supports the camera, so yes, it's effectively "for life" :)
also, you can view a live feed of your camera on your phone for an infinite amount of time, whenever you want. correct?
The Live Stream is directly streaming video from your camera, so yes, theoretically infinite in length. Practically, you're bound to experience network interruptions, phone going to sleep, or something else that limits it to a finite length of time. You can always reconnect immediately if the connection drops.
and there is no way to have 24/7 recording on the cloud, just live feed and 15 second clips.
Wyze does not provide a way to do 24/7 cloud recording. However, with some creativity and an Android app called Tinycam Pro, you can have Tinycam act as an NVR and record video to the cloud (Dropbox, Google Drive, FTP). See this forum discussion.
and now, for sd card. you can have an sd card in and have all the functions of the cloud work as normal, correct? and you can use the sd card to record 24/7. now to view this footage, do you need to take the sd card out psychically, or can you stream it to your phone (the 24-7 footage)?
Without an SD card you'll only be able to use the Live Stream and receive 12 second alert videos. With an SD card those still work, but you gain "View Playback" mode which lets you view the 24/7 recorded video by scrolling through a timeline. 24/7 recordings are available until the SD card fills up, then the oldest video is overwritten continuously. A 32GB card gives you about 3 days at HD quality.
The clips are 12 seconds long and the cool down is 5 minutes, per event type (motion/sound/smoke/co) and camera. This cloud service is free and has no expiration.
Yes, you can view the live feed continuously assuming you have a sufficiently fast internet connection. Once the connection is made, the video is streamed point-to-point.
As provided by Wyze, this is correct. There is a workaround, however. It involves running a third party app called Tiny Cam Pro on a dedicated Android device to forward the stream to cloud or NAS.
The cloud clips and SD card recording are completely independent of one another. You can set the SD card to record continuously or to save only 1 minute intervals containing motion. It will record in either mode until the card is full and then erase the oldest video to make room for the new. You do not need to remove the card to view this video (although you can). You can stream (play back) the SD card video on your phone through the Wyze app.
and if theres anything else i should know, please let me know.
If you click the Support link at the top of this page, and then the type of camera (V1/V2 or Pan), you will find much more detailed explanation of all these functions in either text or video form.

Thank you both very much. This is very helpful. :slight_smile: