Help Us Develop Our Doorbell Camera!

That’s very true , the same is I don’t have Google home

2 Likes

Well if they create a custom sound for notifications, the chime could be on the phone by default. That is how my current Ring doorbell works out of the box. The chime/wifi extender is an additional purchase.

However Alexa is nice with the Ring skill because it can announce which doorbell was activated. Would be useful for people with multiple public entries.

1 Like

I feel it didn’t really ask me that many questions on hardware or doorbells. It seemed more concerned about demographics.

6 Likes

Maybe whatever Xiaomi is going to produce in this area is already set in stone and they are just trying to figure out how to market it?

I hope not because I think they may not be aware of some of the particulars of the US market for this device and I think the Ring product can be improved upon.

1 Like

When you say wireless, do you mean the electric or internet connection?

Yeah, that would make more sense.

I have a Ring and it leaves much to be desired based upon by experience:

• You have to pay to record.
  • The device and the app take forever to handshake (and it often fails).
  • The WiFi signal is limited/slow compared to my Wyze Cams.
  • If you answer the call, you do not have the ability to record the interaction.
  • You can see the live feed, but you cannot view playback as you can on Wyze Cams using an SD card.

Thanks for making the best cameras and the best price!

11 Likes

Kelso, agreed. I would like to see another poll focusing on features

They were talking about electric - battery vs. plug in

1 Like

Our whole neighborhood was built in 1954 so there’s no existing doorbells. I have no desire to wire one up. If it’s wired only, I’ll probably just stick with my current $10 wireless button and plug-in chime with my cube cam.

3 Likes

Me too, I have no desire to crawl around in the attic, drill holes and run wires for a doorbell, haven’t had any kind of doorbell in 25 years , but I have 2 cameras covering the porch and driveway

2 Likes

All the doorbells I’ve had run off a 24v transformer, often lighting up the button. My current button is not lighted but still has the 24 v transformer. Only issue is mine is on the side wall, not next to the door so it depends on field of view if it would capture faces well. My neighbor has s battery type and put his next to his door for this reason. He said side viewing showed more of the back of head and minimal profile.

2 Likes

Homekit integration is the only reason I don’t have one yet.

3 Likes

I’m cross-posting this from the doorbell Roadmap discussion because the conversation has been very similar. :slight_smile:

Hi, folks! Thanks for taking the survey and for providing further feedback here. Yes, this was mostly intended for figuring out the wired vs wireless direction and we may have further surveys in the future about more specific features and such but I can’t say for sure yet.

The data has been SUPER helpful and we’re all very excited! And the demographic data has been great for giving us a better idea of:

A. Who is answering the survey and if we should look for other demographics to ask
B. Who may be more interested in the product and what use cases we should look at

We appreciate your help! :smiley:

3 Likes

I took the survey no chance to give my opinion. So here it is the door bell(and all other Wyze products) should eliminate false alarms caused by automobiles headlights

Like to vote it up

5 Likes

Survey completed and I look forward to what your team comes up with. Please let me know when you have a test device to send out. Happy to get up and running and provide feedback.

1 Like

Did the survey as well. I think any design concept should include both a wired and a wireless option to meet all demands. Maybe make battery replaceable or rechargeable. Flexibility for various customers. Ya, we’ve all read about the limits of battery cams but doorbell locations are easy to access. A replaceable rechargeable battery can be swapped out quickly an easily. Obviously much more can be accomplished with a wired version so I suppose that may be the favored path. However my house and this whole section of similar houses - have our doorbell button on a side wall of the entry which just plain sucks for viewing people at the door. It’s why I got a CamV2 to put in the sidelight window next to the door.

My neighbor hired someone to install an exterior security cam high on the wall - I assume they ran power from his attic over the garage. He said it cost a lot more than he planned - about $300! Only reason he did it is because he is disabled and not very mobile anymore. The doorbell cam gives him audio capability and the security cam gives him a live stream and night vision.

3 Likes

Totally agree. I’m not about to crawl around in 100+ deg heat in our attic to run wiring and I’m not going to pay hundreds to some handyman of questionable skill or even more to an electrician. Maybe in winter it drops to the 80s or so for a few days.

1 Like

Another (cheaper) way around this is to have two cameras. One is dedicated for packages and has a wider field of view. I’ve been looking into getting a good doorbell camera and the one to beat currently is this one;

https://maximuslighting.com/product/answer-dualcam-video-doorbell/

It has features no other unit on the market has and still is fairly reasonably priced. Really like the 1080P HDR cameras, dual wi-fi connection, infrared night vision, higher-end sound quality, people and vehicle detection, pre-recorded and seasonal sounds (plus you can record your own greetings), and it’s compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant (HomeKit coming) and maybe most importantly they don’t force you to use their server storage system for the recordings (premium service starts at 4.99 month). Subscriptions for me is a big turn off. This doorbell camera with all its high-end features is definitely the one to beat.

4 Likes

The only issue is the price point WYZE aims for, that is the strategy they seem to have. Make things less expensive, that comes with a trade off of removing some features.

3 Likes