Help plz.... I'm a dummy

Setup the indoor wyze cam v2 and worked fine but didn’t after a but so deleted the device now can’t figure out how to re setup. Thanks for any help

Welcome to the Wyze community @brad.goddard!
Try setting it up as normal in the app. Tap the plus icon in the upper left corner, the add device.
If that doesn’t work, try a factory reset then try setup.

2 Likes

yup, just as @Brlepage stated, plug the camera in and hit the setup button on the bottom of the camera and listen for that voice and start the set up process again and you’ll be golden.

2 Likes

The factory reset doesn’t work. Won’t reset

You shouldn’t need to. Did you try just a normsl setup as @Bam suggested?

Yellow light won’t blink to begin a regular setup.

Try flashing the firmware.

1 Like

Do you have an SD card in it? If you do take that out and try to set up again without the SD card in the camera

No SD card in it. I pull it in and it stay solid yellow and doesn’t blink to allow me to start the set up process. Even flashed the firm ware which is suppose to help and nothing. Might just return it and find a different brand

I would contact support.

if for some reason the unit is defective it should be covered by the warranty and Wyze will replace it.

here is the Support contact number. There are some online ways to contact support, but I’d suggest a call as i have had great results calling. you might have to be on hold for a few minutes but I’ve never waited too long.

Wyze Support by phone: (206) 339-9646 Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

3 Likes

It would be a great solution if I didn’t live in Canada . They don’t Replace Anything outside The United States . Do I have to take it back to the store I bought it from

I dont know how that would work. might be up to the store. I would check with them.

When you press and hold the setup button do you get any voice prompt at all?

Did the flash seem to go right?

Above you said you were going to return it. That would be a good idea if it’s possible.
Did you get it at PetSmart?

1 Like

I did get it from petsmart. Just gotta drive a cpl hours away to take it back