Help Needed for Troubleshooting Connectivity Issue

If it doesn’t affect functionality I don’t care…

All cameras set up and working well. All of this could have been avoided with better set up instructions.

When the voice prompt continued and I was unable to get the QR scan to respond I gave up thinking the previous steps had been done incorrectly.

Better instructions would have avoided this….

Thanks for your help.

Michael Fremer

1 Like

I interest in participating. Have read through the thread below, and didn’t find much help toward my issues.

First problem though, when I go to My Account, there is no Feedback under Help & Feedback on the app.

I think that my system is not communicating with the cloud (although I’m not sure how to interface with the cloud. I will search more, but initial search turned up a thread that had this: MOD EDIT: The information for this topic is now a subsection on this page entitled, “How the 14 day storage works”, but can’t find that either).

I think my problem may be related to the fact that I changed to a mesh network. After doing that, I cannot access via the Internet.

I came out of my fog, and I just clicked on the Events tab, and I do see that I’m recording the events.

So my only issue is accessing the camera over the Internet.

When you are away from home and on another WiFi or cellular connection and you launch the App on your phone does it fail to load your cameras?

If so do you get an error message?

Cheers,

Bob

3 Likes

I get the same code 90 error frequently on one of my pan cameras and the only way that I can get it running again is to power cycle it by pulling the power cord and waiting at least 1 minute and then plugging it back down and then going to that camera on the phone application then up to the gear on the top right side of the screen and at the bottom of the screen resetting the camera. It either takes three or four power Cycles to get it going or one power cycle and then immediately going to the camera and doing a reset

@UserCustomerGwen I am getting the error message 0, every time I try to access my camera remotely (on LTE) But it works when I am connected to my local Network. Has there been a solution to this problem yet?

This type of problem is often the result of firewall, configuration or other issue on the local network.

The best way to get help with that is to file a Support Request. Depending on the nature of the problem, rather than use the website link, it is helpful to submit an App Log and/or a Firmware Log.

2 Likes

How do I submit a App Log and Firmware log? I filed a support request.

Go to account > Help & Feedback > Report an Issue. Fill out the form, check send log if not checked.

1 Like

And that is IN the app, not from the Support link on this web page.
https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024560052&?section=account-tab

1 Like

App Log
Firmware Log.

1 Like

The support team will be better equipped to help you than I am. The community is sending you to the right place. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m wondering who you were replying to , did you click the right reply button on this one :neutral_face:

I used the general reply button. I was replying to ohlrichcr because they tagged me.

1 Like

@UserCustomerGwen Your Un- Wyze cameras are in my trash bin. I have the V2-used it for about a year and when the software/firmware upgrades came in installed them . I only use the system when we are on vacation so they are not turned out till then. This time ,after about 2 hours with them- I still get the connectivity failure. issues.Your system obviously has major bugs in it and is not user friendly. I shouldn’t have to manually download firmware for corrupted files-that’s not my job but it should have been your companies job to test it thoroughly before you released it. I shouldn’t have to send logs to you to figure it out. that should have already been done by you. That’s the reason there are so many complaints on the internet and on this forum. I will look for another system that is reliable and user friendly-yours is not.

I was able to set up my light bulbs but the interface is not ideal for light fixtures with multiple bulbs controlled by a single switch such as ceiling fans. I was still able to get all 3 to connect without having to setup one bulb at a time. I did notice for some reason that my router seemed to drop the 2.4 Ghz network entirely when I checked everything early the next morning (I have bulbs from a different echosystem which also are 2.4 ghz only and they also lost connection). It appears that the router had temporarily disabled 2.4 GHz for some reason. After awhile it all came back online, I wasn’t sure if my network had been compromised as the password during setup is transmitted in the clear for the wifi router as you have to connect to the light bulb’s own open wifi network to configure it with your wifi password so it can get online.

If you are seriously throwing them away I will gladly pay for having them shipped to me?

1 Like

This sounds like it may be an issue with your router. I had a similar issue with my Netgear R7000 router where the 2.4Ghz radio would stop working. It was getting old in the tooth, and it only supported 32 devices per band, so I upgraded to an Amplifi HD, and I haven’t had a single issue since then.

Yeah mine is getting old too. The last firmware update for my router was in 2017 and the interface says copyright 2014. It is an 802.11 ac router though as it was the latest and greatest at the time as it is a gaming router. (Though a newer one had just come out). My previous router was the AirPort Extreme but it was an 802.11n so I wanted something more up to date though it was still working. I did get a signal extender in my garage and that seems to still be working for the 2.4ghz only devices connected to it. That extender then connects to my main router at 5 ghz so my microwave doesn’t cause interference. I did try to connect my light bulbs to that but I think it’s too far away. I use it mainly to connected devices in my garage. I could try to get a signal extender in my house that connects to the router at 5 ghz for my 2.4 only devices in the house but maybe a new router will work better.