Help Needed for Troubleshooting Connectivity Issue

I used the general reply button. I was replying to ohlrichcr because they tagged me.

1 Like

@WyzeGwendolyn Your Un- Wyze cameras are in my trash bin. I have the V2-used it for about a year and when the software/firmware upgrades came in installed them . I only use the system when we are on vacation so they are not turned out till then. This time ,after about 2 hours with them- I still get the connectivity failure. issues.Your system obviously has major bugs in it and is not user friendly. I shouldn’t have to manually download firmware for corrupted files-that’s not my job but it should have been your companies job to test it thoroughly before you released it. I shouldn’t have to send logs to you to figure it out. that should have already been done by you. That’s the reason there are so many complaints on the internet and on this forum. I will look for another system that is reliable and user friendly-yours is not.

I was able to set up my light bulbs but the interface is not ideal for light fixtures with multiple bulbs controlled by a single switch such as ceiling fans. I was still able to get all 3 to connect without having to setup one bulb at a time. I did notice for some reason that my router seemed to drop the 2.4 Ghz network entirely when I checked everything early the next morning (I have bulbs from a different echosystem which also are 2.4 ghz only and they also lost connection). It appears that the router had temporarily disabled 2.4 GHz for some reason. After awhile it all came back online, I wasn’t sure if my network had been compromised as the password during setup is transmitted in the clear for the wifi router as you have to connect to the light bulb’s own open wifi network to configure it with your wifi password so it can get online.

If you are seriously throwing them away I will gladly pay for having them shipped to me?

1 Like

This sounds like it may be an issue with your router. I had a similar issue with my Netgear R7000 router where the 2.4Ghz radio would stop working. It was getting old in the tooth, and it only supported 32 devices per band, so I upgraded to an Amplifi HD, and I haven’t had a single issue since then.

Yeah mine is getting old too. The last firmware update for my router was in 2017 and the interface says copyright 2014. It is an 802.11 ac router though as it was the latest and greatest at the time as it is a gaming router. (Though a newer one had just come out). My previous router was the AirPort Extreme but it was an 802.11n so I wanted something more up to date though it was still working. I did get a signal extender in my garage and that seems to still be working for the 2.4ghz only devices connected to it. That extender then connects to my main router at 5 ghz so my microwave doesn’t cause interference. I did try to connect my light bulbs to that but I think it’s too far away. I use it mainly to connected devices in my garage. I could try to get a signal extender in my house that connects to the router at 5 ghz for my 2.4 only devices in the house but maybe a new router will work better.

So it happened again this morning. Went into router settings and toggled off and back on the 2.4 ghz network and the devices came back online. 5 ghz network was working fine.

Sorry to hear that’s happening to you. My wife works from home, so I had to replace the router, or face her wrath. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Not a big deal it’s not the end of the world. Of course happy wife happy life lol.

1 Like

It goes both ways! :slight_smile: Happy spouse, happy house.

2 Likes

Just FYI - I can access my home cam using LTE - US Cellular on my android phone, full playback functionality and live view.

I cannot access the cam while the phone is on WiFi - except while on same network at home. My iOS devices cannot access while on WiFi or Verizon LTE. All devices iOS and Android receive event notifications and 12 sec video clips on WiFi and both cellular networks.

I’m having the same issue with my Wyze v2. It keeps resetting and doesnt connect anymore. It started out with spotty recording the the sd card and drop outs and now it just doesnt respond at all. Ive reset it several times with new firmware. It will work sometimes after setting up but then stops working. I emailed support months ago with several back and forth as well as being passed off to different people multiple times. Everntually i stopped getting response emails and tried to figure it out myself switching routers, resetting the camera, using the rtsp firmware, etc. etc. If a mod can get me some help it would be appreciated.

Original Ticket #194356

I use a WiFi extender to get a stronger signal to the camera and it seems to work. I believe the cameras are 2.4 ghz only so they may be affected by competing WiFi signals and even microwave ovens. My extender connects to the camera at 2.4 ghz but connects to my main router attached to the cable modem at 5 ghz where there is less interference.

I just sent you a DM to troubleshoot the problem with you but could you flash your camera firmware back to 4.9.4.108?

2 Likes

Hi there, I am having this same issue with my Wyze Cam v2’s not able to live stream when my device is connected to the mobile network. They work fine on the WiFi network when Im home. They seem to connect initially, then the kb/s gradually drops to 0kb/s over 5-10 seconds. Can anyone had the same issue that can assist with this problem? I wondered if it might be a QoS setting possibly? Thanks for the help.

Have you done the troubleshooting here? https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022739471-Remote-Access-Troubleshooting

My first question would be what is your outbound upload speed (you can use Speedtest.net to find out).

What would be a practical minimal upload speed for viewing 1 cam at a time?

Connectivity Requirements: Upload speed 1.0 Mbps for SD and 1.5 Mbps for HD

Which can be found in the detailed specs at the bottom of this page: https://www.wyze.com/wyze-cam/

1 Like

I wasn’t asking for the specs but what is practical - I’m billed for a 1 Mbps upload speed but frequently only get 0.7, yet I’ve had no problem watching my cams from outside my network.
Does anyone have numbers on real world experience at the lower speeds?

HI Loki. Thanks for the reply. The speediest came back with an upload speed of about 18.5Mbps which is obviously more than enough to manage the HD upload. I preformed a reboot of the router and it seems to have rectified the issue for the moment. Hopefully I don’t have any more issues. Thanks again.

1 Like