Help for elderly parents

I just bought 2 indoor cams for my parents. They are not too savvy or fast at opening an app to view their cameras. Is there a device that can be set on the counter that would keep the app open for easy, quick viewing? I have the doorbell cam pre-ordered so something like that will be really beneficial when they need to see who is at the door.
Thanks!

I have had mostly good luck with a $50 Fire HD tablet set on a $2 stand. I did have to tweak some settings to keep it awake and sideload the Wyze app (and TinyCam, which is not required).

(An Echo Show would be a simpler solution but I do not think there is any way to get up a permanent stream to it.)

I say “mostly” because the stream still regularly stalls (and requires restarting) whether I use the Wyze app or TinyCam. I think that is the fault of the cameras not being able to make it the 15 feet to my wireless access point. Multiple network optimizations have failed to improve them.

Of course, you could also use an iPad or any old iOS or Android phone or tablet in a similar way.

1 Like