Heard a male voice over the app in daughter’s room?

Thank you. I will send them. Do I just send it to you in a private message? I’m still pretty new to this forum and not sure how it all works.

Edit: sent you a message

2 Likes

Yes definitely sending a private message. You do not want that on the open forums

1 Like

Im confused as to what you think might be going/or the possible explanation. Are you suggesting that maybe:

1. Someone else was logged in and watching through the camera (like you were)?
  2. You were logged in remotely and could hear someone else that you did not recognise or see in the camera feed/view?
  3. I have miss-understood what you are trying to explain.

So…

1. Is unlikely/impossible considering you were logged in at the same time and it cannot have 2 ppl talking/using the intercom feature at the same time.
  2. Is what best I understand you are saying hapenned and I dont understand how this is a wyze app/security related concern or incident? If you heard something, its because it was recorded on the mic, and there is countless possible explanations for what you recorded. I wouldnt waste time worrying unless you encounter repeated events with same voice/recordings happening.
  3. Could you correct me if I’ve missed your point of posting?

THanks

1 Like

You are incorrect on point #1. My wife and I both just tried and we were both able to sign in and use the intercom system.

I was watching through the app, but actually backed it up about a minute and then heard a voice that I do not recognize. No one else was in the room with them or even on that side of the house, and it sounds exactly like it’s coming from the camera. Can also hear a sort of click before and after the voice. I might have considered some random interference, but what I am almost certain he says has something to do with what my daughter had just said. Of course I could be wrong, but I wasn’t looking for anything odd sounding when I got on the app. As soon as I heard the voice my stomach dropped and I immediately backed it up to listen to it again… then again, and again, and again. It’s also important to note that my husband does not have access to the cameras I bought, and I don’t have access to his. Not for any reason, we just both bought some and set them up. So there’s no way it was his voice and it doesn’t sound at all like him anyway.

1 Like

Yes, but if you are talking through the mic, she cannot talk as well, can she? And/or is the intercom conversation recorded if record function is active at the time?

Either way, I have garnered that OP has suggested its not this, rather someone in the house she doesnt recognise?

Yes thats what I understood. So your mic picked up a voice (that was responding to your daughter, all the way in the other room). How exactly is this an wyze related security concern?

I think the concern is the voice was potentially coming from the camera.

1 Like

No, it wasn’t from anyone in or around the house. My concern is that someone hacked into my Wyze account and that’s the voice I heard.

1 Like

I wasn’t speaking through the mic.

1 Like

You don’t have to defend yourself. Something happened you’re not sure what it was and it spooked you. You submitted the information to Wyze and they will help you figure it out and take it from there. There’s no reason to feel that you have to defend yourself or that you’re making things up.

1 Like

It’s definitely a creepy experience and something you would want to get answers for.

On a side note, I remember back when our son was a baby and before we had home internet, the baby monitors which worked off of RF transmission would sometimes pick up cordless phone conversations or occasionally other voices from various radio transmissions.

2 Likes

I had an issue similar to this, my SO was home alone and I heard a male voice. It didn’t sound like it came from the camera it sounded like it was in the room (but no one was there.)

Also, when I hit record through the app it doesn’t pick up the audio from the intercom. Can’t even hear myself when i play it back.

1 Like

Some questions, as your post is a little confusing. You say your husband was not with the kids, but have you asked him whether he maybe went to check on them just as you were watching? That would be the simplest explanation. Also, did the kids appear to hear the voice you heard, even if they didn’t look at the camera?

And, are there any other Wyze devices in that room, or nearby? Is it possible your husband was talking to the kids through a different Wyze device at the same time you were monitoring the camera? If the camera can hear the TV, it might be able to hear other devices.

The suggestions here are good (fix your security, and contact Wyze support) and I hope you’ll let this forum know how that works out. I also suggest you and your husband get all of your various devices linked to one account, so you can both access all of them, rather than having them separate. And think about what all of the various cameras can see and hear, and whether their coverage overlaps. For protection/security, you can angle a camera to monitor a hallway or doorway rather than viewing an entire room, and locate it to capture feet/legs rather than faces, so that the video is less privacy-sensitive.

1 Like

Just wondering whether Wyze was able to figure out what happened here…the user hasn’t posted any updates but I’m still wondering.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, I haven’t heard an update on this one and it would probably be in poor taste for me to share info about another customer’s support process even if I had.

3 Likes

I was hoping to prompt the user to give an update; of course I don’t expect Wyze to share anything further. I’m guessing it didn’t lead to any general concern or there would have been some kind of announcement. (I’m guessing it was her husband’s voice, coming over a different Wyze device, or maybe some kid’s toy she forgot they had, that speaks.)

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

2 Likes

That makes sense! As a quick check, had you intended for your reply to be directly to me? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I did direct it to you, and maybe that was a mistake. I thought that any new post would flag to anyone watching the forum, as I assumed the OP would be doing. It might have been better to just post to the forum.

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

1 Like

No worries! Sounds like you know how to do a general vs targeted reply so I don’t need to walk you through that. I just wanted to make sure. :slight_smile: