Headphones Wind Noise

I received another reply from Wyze. Instead of addressing the issue, they started a return claim.

(Insert shoulder shrugs here)

I am willing to follow this path to show them how interested I am in resolving this issue, but honestly, does anyone think a replacement set will fix it?!

Same with me now they are offering replacement. I don’t think it will solve the issue unless they have a new batch with HW modifications on the mics

I received a reply that they are aware of the issue and are working on it.

1 Like

I’m impressed that they even acknowledged the issue to you! That’s a great first step. I bought these to use outside and even when there is no wind, if I spin my head around too quickly, it causes wind noise!

Please keep us updated. Thanks.

So they sent me a replacement and it didn’t fix anything. They then had me try using the audio cable instead of bluetooth and no change. They then had me try pairing to another device and no difference. The latest rep said that she tried to replicate the problem and he couldn’t.

Today I received this in an email:

"We truly appreciate your time and effort in trying to get this sorted. Upon further investigation, wind cancellation is not supported yet on the headphones. I will make sure to test mine on more open areas to test this headphone.

Rest assured though that our Engineering Team is already aware of these reports to ensure that this will be taken care of."

–Well, that was a waste of about 10 emails and lots of time.

1 Like

I love these for blocking wind/noise. They do not have ANC however.

“3M WorkTunes Connect Hearing Protector with Bluetooth Technology, 24 dB NRR, Ear protection for Mowing, Snowblowing, Construction, Work Shops - - Amazon.comhttps://www.amazon.com/3M-WorkTunes-Protector-Bluetooth-Technology/dp/B0723CYHPZ/ref=asc_df_B0723CYHPZ/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312154679201&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10114795950218339982&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1013445&hvtargid=pla-434189531700&psc=1

Thanks. Very affordable. Anybody know how that 24 dB rating compares to active noise cancellation devices like Wyze’s?

Just chiming in with the rest of you on the wind noise problem. I love Wyze and their products. I have their cameras, headphones, color changing bulb and sprinkler controller (both ordered) but I have to say the wind noise in the headphones is a serious bummer for me. I like to use my headphones to listen to my books during walks but any amount of wind makes that impossible, as many of you have noted. Wyze ! Wake up ! You can fix this…let’s get on with it!

1 Like

I gave up on them fixing the wind noise.

The best thing to do is to open a support ticket through the app to report the issue and complain about it.

The more complaint tickets, the more it will get the attention it deserves.

Woo-hoo, so the new firmware introduces a Noise Cancellation Off mode, so we can now toggle through 3 options - ANC On, ANC Off and Transparency mode. Thanks for listening. I can now take my dogs for a walk without having to cover the headphones with a beanie. Yay

So it works well?

Reasonably well. You still get a bit of wind noise given the shape of the headphones, but the podcast I was listening to was understandable. With the previous settings it would have been unintelligible.

I agree it’s significantly better. It’s no where near AirPod Pro outside quality, but at least it’s passable now.

this is a common issue among noise cancellation headset. It is an inherited nature of ANC outdoor. The wind blows into the noise cancellation mic and when ANC is on, it kind of amplifies the wind noise instead of masking it out. To mediate it, you need to put a windscreen over the noise cancellation mic, similar to those outdoor reporters use on their camera, except it is a stick on for these mic in a hole. Do some google and amazon search on GoPro, digital camera windscreen. You may also find some diy solution on google.

1 Like

Thank you, that is an informative post.