Has ANYONE gotten a Wyze watch that the O2 sensor works accurately?

There was no protective film on the watch 47 I received. Only on the face,

I have tried both wrists, at various positions on the wrists, and various degrees of snugness, and I am unable to get an accurate reading. I mean, it’s not even close. 97%-98%, when actual percentage is 89%-90%. I have 3 oximeters, 2 have been tested and read identically with my Pulmonologist’s unit. The only time that the Watch 47 matches the accurate percentage is when I hold it against my index finger. This was my primary reason for purchasing, but if I have to take it off to get an accurate reading, what’s the point? I’ve put a request for support in. Will update.

1 Like

Thanks. Mine doesn’t even read accurately when placed across the finger.

I bought one for me and one for each of my sons. They haven’t gotten theirs yet (they’re off at school) but, mine appears to be working…at least better than their website does.

Well, if your o2 levels are 98% to 99%, then yes. Folks with breathing disorders record much lower levels.

I have some asthma and live at 6,000 ft. elevation. My O2 is normally in the low 90s. If my readings were in the 98-99 range, I wouldn’t bother to monitor it (and that is what the watch O2 levels read).

1 Like

Have you tried wearing the watch aviator style? I do this and 02 is bang on. Another advantage to wearing it inside the wrist is less scratching of the crystal. But raise to wake is nearly ineffective. I’m ok to just click the button.

If aviator style is not for you but the reading works better that way, it may be hair gets in the way. Then conventional wear-orientation might work with shaving a strategic spot on your wrist.

You can figure other solutions by understanding photoplethysmography (geesh, I had to look up that spelling), the method used to measure blood capillary distension used by these optical sensors.

3 Likes

Thanks. I’ve tried everything. I’ve given up. Toss the ‘watch’.

1 Like

There is obviously something wrong with the o2 saturation reader, in a whole lot of these watches. Is Wyze going to fix the bug? I sent a log they requested, and have heard nothing. Not good.

I agree.

It needs to be accurate, not just flash numbers in the normal range, which may fit 95% of the population. Also, if shaving a small area under the watch is actually the ‘fix’, I could live with that. That said, being able to schedule SpO2 readings throughout the day with a user-defined warning level seems critical. I think user-defined, because I’m guessing most people would want something like 95 being a low, where there seem to be some that need maybe 90 and lower as the warning.

1 Like

! :+1:

Exactly, OverWatch. Occasionally the watch gives an accurate reading- occasionally means perhaps once in 40-50 attempts. This performance serves no purpose for me. Heart rate appears to function correctly. I tried shaving the hair. No luck.

Thanks!

Good to know! My biggest issue in testing this is my SpO2 rarely falls below 97, so most readings on the watch appear as normal function. Reading +/- 1-2 percent from a finger monitor are within an acceptable margin of error to me. I think. Of course, if I’m looking for warning signs of below 95 and it’s reading 96 when reality is 94, that’s not good. But we aren’t even addressing that detail.

So, the question remains. “Has ANYONE gotten a Wyze watch that the O2 sensor works accurately?” and as far as I’ve seen on this forum, no one with a known reading of less than 95 has confirmed the watch SpO2 has matched that reading. Maybe, the question should be, “Has ANYONE gotten a Wyze watch that the O2 sensor measures below 95% accurately?”

1 Like

I’m the one that stated this thread, I think. I know that my ‘normal’ O2 is in the low 90’s (90-92). The times I’ve tried to use the Wyze watch, it always reds about 98, so I’m sure that it is wrong. And I agree, the posts I’ve read are all high 90s, so theirs may or may not be accurate.

Exactly my point. Many if not possibly most buyers might not even know their percentage. I certainly didn’t until I was diagnosed with COPD.

Same here. O2 was not something I monitored earlier.

I have never seen a run around like these support people are pulling off. Now, I have yet ANOTHER rep asking me if the watch is securely placed on my wrist, and rattling off versions that I have yet to see. This is all unbelievable.

It’s much easier to chuck the ‘watch’ and use a pulse oximeter. I think they are around $15-$20. I won’t buy anything else from Wyze.