Has anyone attached the Led Light Strip Pro to a wood deck rail?

Has anyone attached the Wyze Light Strip Pro to a wood deck rail? #light-strip, light-strip-pro

I’ve installed other LED strip lights before to my deck rail, but shortly after the adhesive backing fails, and the light droop and eventually fall off.

I was wondering if anyone has had any success in adding Wyze Light Strip Pro to a wood deck rail.

#light-strip-pro

You can buy tracks that led strips fit into. Some tracks can be mounted with screws, nails, etc for a more permanent installation. Some are plastic and some metal or aluminum.

2 Likes

You should probably consider that the strips aren’t meant for outdoor use…

2 Likes

From what I’ve read none of the adhesive on any brand’s strips can be trusted for long term use - even just indoors - and you have to use staples, brad nails, tracks, and the like.

2 Likes

And you should be careful with water. These are not really waterproof. If water collects in a track, it will eventually short out. “led light strip track waterproof” on Amazon found some decent ones

2 Likes

I’ve seen some that are tubes that seem like they world work outdoors.

2 Likes

My staple gun has a wire gaurd to hold back the steel Beast! I stapled mine to the underneath of the handrail. Survived 5 years, 5 winters. Great light for stairs, dogs loved it.