Hardware related topics forum?

ok well the reason i asked is because of my original post here.

so they sent me a new one as a replacement under warranty and i figured, well its dead, and its being replaced, and i like to tinker so i took it apart. it turns out that the camera over-rotated somehow. this in turn caused the power wires, 2 white, 2 black to twist to the point where the power connector dislodged from the main board. it sounds like, from what ive read on this forum, theres a lot of tinkerers but when you come across a possible product defect, especially hardware related, it would be good to have a place to post your findings.

i love my wyzecams and if there is a way to make them better and fail proof, i would love to help. I dont know what caused the camera to over rotate but simply unpluggiing the connector and untwisting the wires and plugging it back in solved te power problem. I dont know the design that well and what causes the pan to stop rotating, as my new one spun left, stopped, and vibrated like it wanted to keep going, then spun right, stopped with no noise and centered itself. in relation to product design, if there is a limiter that keeps the pan from rotating too far, maybe that needs to be looked at, or changed to prevent that from happening and thus preventing the power cord to become dislodged.

1 Like