Hard wiring power connection to „wireless“ outdoor cameras

Currently, I am using 3 wireless outdoor cameras and the batteries drain quickly and require frequent charging. Can I use the provided power supply and keep the cameras connected to the grid for constant charging?

You could but it would potentially damage the batteries and void the warranty due to it being less waterproof

1 Like

Thanks. The power brick would be housed inside a waterproof receptacle box. So it would only be the power connector in the back of the camera which would be more exposed. However, as you said this would be less waterproof. On the other hand, there are aftermarket cases for the cameras. Something to explore.

If you already have power nearby as you suggest, I would look at replacing the outdoor units with V3’s instead. As a whole they deliver a better product experience. I have 7x outdoor cams and looking to replace 3x of those with V3’s if I can get power to them. The other 4x I am just stuck with as is.

2 Likes

SergeL, that is probably the best way to go. I do have 3 wireless cams and a couple of V3‘s so I am going that route and swap them out. Especially, since the outdoor cams are mounted on a boat dock, so really near to water … :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a few V3’s sitting on a purpose built off grid solar installation, so that has at least put the first half of my backyard in V3 use-ability range. The back half is still on outdoor cams. Looking to see if I just build another solar setup :slight_smile:

I can not connect to my Wyze outdoor camera at when it is plugged in and charging…!!! Why Not??? it is so annoying overall I am not impressed with these cameras…

Did you turn the cameras off for charging. I charge all of my 4 WCO while they are turned on and I can connect to them via the iOS app and view live view or change any setting I want to.???

No i didn’t the camera was on but when plugged in to charge it i can not connect to … i would like to leave it plugged in as well but can never connect to it when it’s charging. I’m done with these cameras though and throwing them out. The crackling audio with one camera has never been corrected either. I have missed three incidents since i purchased them because they didn’t catch the footage because they were offline. Today i went to change wireless settings and everytime i tried it took me to my subscription and would not allow me to update the settings unless what it seemed i upgraded my subscription which was more costly than previously. These cameras suck and their support is abysmal. I’m done with them so this can thread can be ignored. We have two one gig seperate connections, run a splunk server to monitor traffic in the home and and have been in IT/IT Security for 30 years and i can say these products are among the worst. Total waste. Ok… i’m done ranting and being a karen. :slight_smile: