Handheld Vacuum shuts down WAY early for no apparent reason

Ok, so after interminable delays I received the handheld vacuum and the one extra promised dust filter cartridge. I’ve been using this thing intermittently.

On a full charge with the included charger (lights stay steady and stop flashing), when I vacuum at high power, the vacuum shuts itself off within 2 to 3 minutes. NO, it is not clogged with dust. I constantly empty the dust bin out and clean hairs and lint off of the filter’s metal screen.

If I start the vacuum again it only runs for about 5 seconds when in this mode and again shuts itself off.

I understand this is probably a safety measure to prevent overheating of the battery or motor but it’s damned inconvenient and makes the vacuum not very useful in real life use.

Is there a money back return policy? I’m really not happy if this is how this device will perform.

@thedonaldwallace Welcome to the Wyze community!

Sorry to hear you’re having problems with your handheld vacuum. When fully charged, the vacuum should not cut off in 2 or 3 minutes. I would call Wyze Support and start a support ticket. It sounds like you may need a replacement.

Warranty Information

All quality-related defects on products sold directly by Wyze Labs or authorized resellers are covered by a one-year limited warranty, beginning on the date of purchase. Defective products will be replaced with a new model, a refurbished model of equal value or, if both are unavailable, the model nearest to the original model’s form, functionality, and performance.

Wyze Customer Support - Holiday Hours

Phone and chat support will be unavailable from Saturday, May 29th to Monday, May 31st for Memorial Day weekend. Normal hours will resume on Tuesday, June 1st.

Live Support:

Wyze Customer Support 1 (206) 339-9646 Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT