Gun Safe V2 - Portable

Just ordered one of the new Gun-Safes… Great looking product… But was wishing it had a handle also…

Someone suggested to ‘wishlist’ Gun-Safe V2 - a portable one! So, I am doing just that! One that will pass the tough CA laws for hauling around your weapon (in Trunk of course, while keeping ammo in car???) Just something better than a plastic box… Something I could keep in my vehicle OR use at home AND to head to the range!

Voting this product development. :+1: I’d love to see the same 4 entry/access options, smaller footprint (able to slide under common front auto seats), case-hardened steel tether (my vehicles don’t have trunks) and a carry handle.

1 Like

Would also like to see waterproofing and fire resistance.

1 Like

The only way you can keep any gun in any vehicle hidden away in California is if you have a concealed weapons permit. I’ll assume you know this. And you really don’t want to keep a firearm or ammo in a vehicle when you are not in it, vehicles get stolen and then you’ve just contributed another weapon to a felon. I’ll assume you know this also.

OP is referring to transportation of firearm, not general storage in vehicle.

Ref: State of California Department of Justice - Transporting Firearms in California

Pursuant to California Penal Code section 25610, a United States citizen over 18 years of age who is not prohibited from firearm possession, and who resides or is temporarily in California, may transport by motor vehicle any handgun provided it is unloaded and locked in the vehicle’s trunk or in a locked container. Furthermore, the handgun must be carried directly to or from any motor vehicle for any lawful purpose and, while being carried must be contained within a locked container.

Pursuant to California Penal Code section 16850, the term “locked container” means a secure container that is fully enclosed and locked by a padlock, key lock, combination lock, or similar locking device. This includes the trunk of a motor vehicle, but does not include the utility or glove compartment.

Exactly, it must be in a locked container and can’t be within reach of you. Too many people think it’s okay to keep a firearm in a locked glovebox, because they don’t know the laws and probably shouldn’t have a firearm in the first place.

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Gun Safe - App Lock Code