Guess this is why a Xnor.ai dumped wyze

Apple buys Seattle-based Xnor.ai for reported $200 million

12 Likes

Could be the reason and maybe we’ll be getting some AI stuff on our iPhones eventually too.

I’d agree that was the reason :wink: When Wyze first announced it, I assumed Amazon/Ring was going to buy Xnor.ai because both companies were in Washington State. Will be interesting to see what Apple does with the tech/talent/patents.

1 Like

The reason is more likely that Apple is getting into the home automation business enhancing the functionality of HomePod . They will be looking to buy an established security cam company… Apple Wyze Cam doesn’t sound too bad LOL.

2 Likes

Gross, first thing apple would do is make the housing aluminum and jack the price up to $200.

4 Likes

And make it only work with Apple products…

4 Likes

In my opinion that sounds horrific and would go against their mission statement of making quality smart home technology available to everyone, but that is just my opinion

5 Likes

Interesting read

wow, good job, I had a feeling that is exactly what happen when I heard the news that wyze not being supported by them anymore. I bet Apple wanted to buy up Wyze in the process and leave us out in the wind raising the cost of the wyze cameras.

Just read that Apple Inc bought out Xnor.ai for their ‘people detection’ technology. Apple only buys the best companies. Wyze was smart in using them also for their cameras. Now it all makes sense…

1 Like

Hi, @gengel5. I moved your topic to this existing thread to continue the discussion here. :slight_smile:

Thanks, Dread

1 Like

Apple can buy me out, I’m available, but at 82, who cares anymore…

1 Like

Try $399

1 Like

don’t worry, someone will also buy “wyze” soon too…they seem to be falling apart anyway

3 Likes

Key point in that story might be Apple’s privacy mandate - keeping more processing local on the device rather than “leaking” it into the cloud.

1 Like

Wyze Apple… better Ring… get it huh??? :rofl:

Exactly right! Real big on privacy factor, also big on cameras, both iPhone and iPads. Makes sense they outbid the others.

How so? They just got a big investment and are working on a slew of home products.

1 Like

I love Wyze, but nothing would make me drop their products faster than if they were bought by Apple. Wyze’s ideology and Apple’s are very different. Wyze would change. No thank you.

3 Likes