Groups and additional controls for switches

Got 2 Switches.
App needs work.

2 Suggestions to start.

1. You can create groups per device but no group device option for switches. Also since this is really becoming a Home automation strategy will be better if instead of grouping by device we can group devices by room.

2. I tried the additional controls like double tapping. I can use a double tap from light 1 to turn on a second light, but I can’t turn on both, I should be able to include light 1 in the action. The double tap does not allow to include its own light.

3 Likes

You can do this in the Alexa app and use its routines (rules) to manage more than you can in the Wyze app - I have found. I don’t know if Alexa supports the two taps, but check it out.

There are a couple ways to do this:

If you always want to light all the lights at once, just put a Wyze smart bulb in the fixture, and switch Single Press to ‘Smart Control’. Then and add all the lights you want to illuminate, including the smart bulb in the fixture.

In this configuration, Single Press would both turn on and off all lights.

Another way is to create a rule – When the switch is turned on (single press), do a list of things in the rule. Conversely, you can have a rule to turn everything off when the switch is turned off. Then you can use a standard bulb in the light fixture, and turn on all the remote smart items using the rule.

If you only want to light the extra lights sometimes, then Single Press can be in either Classic Control or Smart Control. You would then assign the extra lights to Double Press, Triple Press, or Press & Hold.

If you assigned turning on the extra lights to Double Press, then you would use Triple Press or Press & Hold to turn them off.

In this configuration, Single Press would always turn on and off the bulb connected to the switch, and double-press (etc) would handle the extra lights when you need them.

Agreed that there are ways to work around not being able to control the lights on the switch with a double/triple/long press, but I would very heartily agree with the lokillo that it shouldn’t be necessary. The goal of smart home products is to make life easier, not more complicated. having to single press and double press to achieve is a band-aid not a fix.

Personal use case, I want to turn two Wyze Plugs and the light switch off on a double press.

3 Likes

Definitely want to request a group for the light switches.

My Home Screen is totally cluttered…especially with all the temperature sensors that also don’t have a group option?

Why not have a generic group option that I can put anything in? You could build a room or a custom group that way.

2 Likes

Wyze REALLY needs the ability to trigger an advanced action on the actual switch you’re pressing.

I came here looking for this and actually found a solution via IFTTT integration. Enable the advanced controls, but DON’T setup an action. Rather, setup these actions in IFTTT: One rule to turn on specific switches or all switches with a double-tap, another to turn off all with a hold.
However, you’re bound to the speed of IFTTT, which while it works, it can take a long time for the action to actually occur which could be 3 seconds, it could be 30.