Ability to customize groups - Group multiple product (Device) types together

I have wyze products in two different houses but there isn’t a good way to organize all the products in the app based on which house/location. I would even be happy with the ability to make custom device groups that would allow different types of devices in the group so everything in one house can be organized under one tab.

1 Like

I had same situation. I do not know if this is proper but I had to create an account for the 2 of us here. An account for one building and another for the next… pain in butt for sure. Wonder when or if a custom group will be available sometime. Hope so… until then this workaround is working, and it’s a little annoying sometime, but at moment it’s what I can do… So I can have whatever cameras and devices for one building under one account and the other building is another. Yeah a pain, but anyone with any other solutions please let me know?

Would like to suggest to having a grouping per home/building. For example, I monitor both my parent’s house and my apartment. Some users may also have businesses or vacation homes they want to monitor but not wanting to mix devices altogether. It would be nice to see the devices grouped per location to de-clutter the home screen.

1 Like

I have many Wyze plugs in my home. I have them all grouped and things work very well.

I recently added a Wyze outdoor plug to my home to control outdoor landscape lights.

I have tried to add the outdoor plug to the existing plug group and cannot do so.

Please add the ability to put all plugs into a single group. This will keep the Wyze homepage in the app from getting too cluttered.

3 Likes

I would love to see the ability to further group devices into more then just camera or sensor groups. It would be nice to be able to retain the current ability to group by device but also add an option to group multiple different devices by room. Similar to the google home or Alexa app. This could be further extended by allowing device groups within room groups and room groups within device groups.

So for example I could have a room called kitchen with all the devices (cams, plugs, sensors) that are in my kitchen inside the group. This could be taken further by creating a camera group within that room group for the cameras in that room. This could also be done the other way and have a camera group with all your cams and then have them grouped/organized by room within the camera group.

This would allow the ability to have groups with different types of devices within the group and would also make it easier for users to find certain devices when they have a long list of devices, Or similar devices in different rooms. Instead of searching a long device list for one device if you know the room the device is in you could open that room group and be able to find the device your looking for easier. It would also allow the ability to control entire rooms with rules. For example turn on all lights/devices in the kitchen.

1 Like

Agree 100% :+1:

Agree! I have Wyze device at three locations and it would be nice to group them by location

2 Likes

Yeppers… Almost same dilemma here… 3 homes/buildings, but at same locations… Different routers too.
Like I said previously which I’m pretty sure you’re aware of as well, is a workaround I did by using 2 different user accounts since I shared the devices between them to get a more consistent layout within Wyze. I am trying to explore the IFTTT app I keep hearing, but time is a luxury these days… Well, for me that is.
Good luck!

I’m found wanting for this feature… and smart dimmer switch. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Different account is one way but it would be nice if they just added the grouping.

Dimmer? Have you tried the Wyze bulb? I use the on/off for the garage door. Not sure if they are dimmable via IFTTT. Might be able to use the Set Scene setting.

The bulb is awesome! My problem is all my parcels have recess lighting… 8 smart bulbs for one room, then 4 for another, 6 in one… I could go on… :upside_down_face: You get the idea. The Wyze bulb would be a mess for me as it is now without room grouping capabilities, and even with that function imo its just too many smart bulbs for my situation. Also, with the Wyze bulb the body is not flood size so you could see right up the fixture. This also is an issue for me as far as aesthetics.

Replacing the switches is at the moment the best solution I can think of… but if you or anyone else has a better idea… Please HELP! lol :joy: I would most gratefully appreciate it…

cant believe we still dont have this.

Please add capability to group different devices especially wyze plugs and Wyze outdoor plugs.

Thank you

1 Like

Agreed. Need for free form, non-specific groups and folders. Add all the office items in a group (bulb group, headphones, lamp, watch). Living room has bulb group, vacuum.

It would be extremely helpful to control one or more Wyze-controlled outlets while viewing a live stream of a Wyze camera. Can’t be done currently since the app will only group single types of devices together.

1 Like

I’d like Wyze to consider allowing Cam devices to appear on multiple Device Groups. Similar to photos:: photoalbums or songs::playlists – a one too many relationship. an example is having multiple cams – one group would be every cam in the house; another would be a more focused view of say the backyard – but each Wyze Cam device could belong to multiple device groups.

2 Likes

I would love to be able to create a custom group of devices. For example the bulbs, camera, and thermostat in the living room.

2 Likes

The ability to group all devices by room would be very helpful. It would align very nicely with the way I think about my devices based on location.

1 Like

I have multiple residences/businesses I use these at. I’d like to have the ability to toggle between the different locations without ha ING to login and logout for each account access. Login in once… See option of all accounts /locations … 1 a residence another possibly my business, 3rd location possibly my vacation home.

It’s a fairly standard feature in lots of other apps. Not just security cam apps… Anything you have multiple separate accounts… Because a person may have several locations /addresses to monitor.

I now own so many wyze products that they are difficult to manage. In particular, if like a phone shortcut to arm it disarm the home monitoring, with just one it two clicks.

This would reduce the likelihood of false alarms, or delays in responding to monitoring triggers.

It also is getting painful to scroll through lights and cameras to get to the vacuum cleaner or the bathroom scale. I’d like to be able to group different things together, near similar or related home automation apps from other vendors.

Function to add new devices to a dedicated location for cases where Wyze products exist in two seperate location ie the office and home. To have a dedicated page to those products in the single location without having to scroll through multiple cameras trying to remember which camera goes where.