Greater Control Over Detection Zone Shape

I’ve been looking at their job postings. it’s encouraging to see they are hiring to improve and innovate.

1 Like

True — unfortunately — and it emphasizes my point. If the internal data share amongst staff does not function properly, this is what happens. It is a functional issue within the company and will not change unless addressed at the top to smooth the flow of information both directions in a timely fashion.

— 7

I tried using BlueStacks after reading your post, but I couldn’t get it to work. I’m on iOS. Installing BlueStacks was OK on my Win 10 desktop, but it would not accept my password to login (too long). I changed my password to accommodate the Android limitation (I was surprised it didn’t just pick up the account after I logged in.) but then it wanted me to pair each camera with it — that’s where I quit. I have cameras hundreds of miles apart and that just wasn’t realistic in my situation. Hopefully it will work for others.

— 7

Yes. The only square thing in a camera view is a vertical wall perpendicular to the camera. The perspective foreshortening in my camera means my square driveway is at an angle to the main road. In order to get my whole driveway I have to include part of the road, which means I constantly capture motion from the heavily travelled road.

In addition, being able to add a second polygon would enable me to include the garage door in one camera, instead of having to put two cameras in place.

2 Likes

Hummm, I don’t recall having any issues with passwords. After I installed BlueStacks, I got the Wyze app from the Google Play Store, and from that point on, it was the exact same process as the phone, except that now you’re operating in the emulator. I launched the Wyze App, and I was able to see my cameras, pulled up each camera and adjusted the DZ size. So you have different WiFi’s for different cameras, I’m not sure if that could be the problem in your case. My cameras are on the same network. Perhaps you could set up the app to use one network at a time, pull up the camera(s), do the adjustment, repeat the process for each WiFi. Don’t give up, this trick does work. Good luck, let me know if I can help further.

I think a very useful feature would be to allow the motion detection zone to be more freely adjusted. Currently it can only be a rectangle or square but it would be very useful to be able to make trapezoidal shapes in order to more effectively cover a certain space. As you can see in the picture below I can only select a small area without detecting the street or my neighbors driveway (neither of which I care to detect). Being able to select an area similar to the red outline would be much more useful.

8 Likes

Please Please Please!! A Polygonal detection area similar to what you have with RING doorbells.

1 Like

Yes please. This would make Wyze better in terms of detection zone settings some of the other cameras have.

1 Like

Is there ANY chance this could be implemented? This would make the removal of person detection so much easier! Something like ring, with a multiple point crop, or multiple layers. PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE add something like this! :pray:t2: Lol

THIS IS PERFECT! or a multi point crop

I’m going to throw in my support for a polygonal detection zone. Even if it only had 4 sides but the corners could be moved independently would be a huge improvement.

1 Like

Multiple detection zones would be a great improvement. Many camera manufacturers provide this, from the high end Axis cameras we use here at the data center to the inexpensive Samsung Smartcam. Take a look at Samsung’s implementation. It allows multiple zones (even overlapping), and you can create polygons, which is very useful.

Thank you

2 Likes

Would love this feature. Either greater control of detection zones, or ability to add exclusion zones (or both, one kind of allows the other).

Just mounted my first cam and could really use this type of control to exclude motion in my neighbor’s yard (dogs).

This would be ideal if we were able to adjust the shape in the detection zone. The limit of just using the square or rectangle shape is the reason my notifications are going off like crazy. If I was able to my make a shape like the letter L it would help out big time. My camera is pointing to a busy street and if I was able to adjust one corner down a little bit it would help out alot.

Were it me writing the software, I would set aside 2073600 bits of memory. One for each pixel, and with some kind of user interface determine which pixels are to be watched and which ones shouldn’t be watched.

The user interface could be rectangles, trapezoids, ellipses, or a combination, whatever. It would be just a way to determine which pixels are being watched and which ones aren’t.

1 Like

Maybe you guys can reverse the detection select window. In other words all screen space NOT in selection window will allow a motion event. Should be easy and double use of this feature…

Repeat
Make detection window capable of being smaller than half screen …

Thank you

Happy to say that we are researching ways to give more control over the detection zone shape. :slight_smile:

16 Likes

:clinking_glasses::ok_hand::muscle::pray::crown:

1 Like

Hallelujah. It will likely cut down significantly on the required storage space.

2 Likes

Would love to be able to block out a particular plant in front of my drive that waves around and sets off motion detection on breezy days.

6 Likes