Got a few questions about security

I’ve been using my Pan for a couple of months now and it has been nothing but perfect. It was so good that I ordered two more Wyze Cam v2 which are on the way.

But beyond the “wow” and the novelty, privacy is a serious thing and I need to ask some security questions:

1. I presume that Wyze Cams use the “P2P” protocol to stream audio/video to a cloud server somewhere. How secure is it? Another way to put it, is Wyze fully managing this cloud service and not outsourced to a 3rd party? (AWS or Azure, not included)
  2. Is there a way to have the Wyze app authenticate the mobile device I am using so only this device (or devices already authenticated) can view the streams? I see this in many mobile banking apps.
  3. Is there a list of URLs and/or IP addresses I can configure on my firewall to whitelist the sites my Wyze cameras can access? Does it help?

Thanks!

RickO has answered with extensive wonderful answers, the basics to me are:

1. AWS managed by Wyze for storage, handshake via ThroughTek
  2. RickO’s roadmap link is the best place to show interest.
  3. Not really IPs or ULS, although based on feedback Wyze is only using US AWS, US NTP, and trying to only use US ThroughTek servers (new ones are added sometimes, so it’s a cat & mouse).

Awesome!

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I’ll go over the links provided.

A Happy New Year to all.