Google wifi dual band issue - download time lapse

Wyze cam v2 f4.9.4.37
Nexus 5x Android 8.1
Google wifi NLS-1304-25 11021.84.4

When I try to download a time-lapse it tells me I’m not on the same Wi-Fi network.

Issue is Google Wi-Fi is a mesh Network and it names the 2.4 gigahertz band the same as the 5 gigahertz band with no option to select individually.

Phone is connecting on the 5 gigahertz and the camera is connecting on the 2.4

If you’re using Google Wi-Fi dual band and do you not have the option to select a band on your phone you may turn Wi-Fi off on the phone and get farther away from the hub. This is because the 2.4 gigahertz band is stronger then the 5 gigahertz. When you turn the phone back on the phone will then connect to the 2.4 gigahertz and be on the same band.

…So now when I click on the file to download it no longer says not on the same Wi-Fi it says the file does not exist, go figure!

Time lapse has been broke for a while. They are trying to fix it but it’s not there yet.
You can flash back to .28 and that might work.

Thanks, I’ll try again in a couple of months.

The “file not found” bug on TL recordings has been around for a while. Wyze is aware of it and claims to be working on a fix. Usually reliable sources suggest that it might be fixed in the next release.

Thank you

“Not on the same Wi-Fi” is a different error than “File not found”. They are fixing “File not found”, but I don’t know that they are addressing the “Not on the same WiFi”. My feeling is that check shouldn’t even be there, you will know if the file is downloading too slowly. And it certainly shouldn’t apply to 2 different branches of the same network, IMO.

1 Like

I replied to my own question with a resolution for the different Wi-Fi network once that problem was overcome then I had the problem file not found…and yes on the same network it shouldn’t matter if one devices on 5 gigahertz and the other is 2.4 it should still work. Never should have received that error none the less it did and it was pretty easy to force the phone to the 2.4.

Even on the same network both devices will have to be on the 2.4 to download. I do not believe this is seen as an issue so I don not believe they are ‘fixing’ it.
I am told the ‘file not found’ issue is being worked on