Google nest hub keeps displaying "smart home camera"

Sad to see functionality that they introduced to just leave it there broken without any fix or communication on path forward from Wyze . That’s how you start losing customers.

@Frederik @UserCustomerGwen several clear and concise points to make, and they really need to be communicated to the top:

1. your products should not be advertised as “works with Google” because they don’t
  2. I own many wyze cams, sensors, pre-ordered the doorbell, etc… but am rethinking all of this and considering tossing it all in the garbage because you simply cannot get the Google hub integration functioning… this is a key part of the larger system and to not funnel more effort into this massive issue could be your demise
  3. we see you releasing new products constantly this part year (headphones, doorbell, wrist band, thermostat, etc): unless you fix your existing issues, your customers will lose faith in your ability to support your products… releasing new products while your existing ones don’t serve their intended purpose feels like a slap in the face
  4. it’s been YEARS since the wyze cam / google hub integration “launched” yet it hasn’t reliably worked a day since… if your team can’t solve it, poach employees that have solved google integration issues from another wifi camera company

Well said. For me, the way Wyze has handled this really gives me no faith in their maintaining Google Home integration if they ever do get this fixed. I really don’t care whose “fault” it is, it should not take professional developers this long to at least release a beta solution. My take is that Wyze just doesn’t care. I don’t care how good or how cheap their products are, if they don’t fully support my Google Home products, they are headed for eBay.

Exactly. Are Nest cams and doorbells more expensive? Yes. But guess what? They work. Who wants a doorbell that doesn’t dispatch a video feed to a central display (located in a kitchen for example) in your house?

I cancelled my order for the Wyze doorbell. Really unfortunate.

Anybody notice that the new Wyze Cam v3 (which seems to have replaced Wyze Outdoor) doesn’t say anything about Google integration?? I think that says it all there…sorry Wyze, but your customers are going to continue to drop like flies…bad form.

1 Like

Really Wyze? A version 3 now? You guys really need to stop pushing more [MOD EDIT] semi- functional products and fix the [MOD EDIT] you already have! What’s next? The Wyze face mask v2? You guys are becoming such a joke!

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the community guidelines.

1 Like

I hope that they get this sorted out soon. I will not be buying more devices that are no longer compatible with my Google (Nest) Home environment.

3 Likes

I’m about ready to drop wyze altogether. Too many issues.

1 Like

I wanted to subscribe to this thread as I have 4 wyze cam vs and 2 pan cams I would love to view on my hub or cast without constant buffering.

@jeffisgreat I wish I had better news for you, but I’ve been trying to get my Wyze cams streaming to my Google Hub for years. It’s never worked more than 1 minute but 99% of the time doesn’t stream anything.

I agree with you that’s false advertisement and they could be sued for this.

Not working with my system as well. I’ve been a Wyze user since the beginner and a Beta tester. Never was I able to get the video feeds working on my Google Hub display.

Unfortunately, you and everyone else. These Wyze turds are more interested in releasing new crappy products than supporting the ones we’ve already paid for. We should see a “smart” toilet paper dispenser this week

my wyze scales work great, The v2 cams don’t display on google hub and constantly buffer on amazon show 8. So, I’m not buying any more of the wyze cams. Maybe some of their new products will work, but I’m not going to chance it

wyze cam v2 here , not working on chromecast or nest display , is there any hope to fix or i should go and get another brand which is compatible ?

Hi. For me it works if I ask google to show it two times

The first it buffers forever. The se one time it works.

interesting, I tried using the “show cam (cam name)” two times on my Google hub and it DID display the cam like Delabarra says… It does buffer like the Echo Show 8, but it “does” display the cam

Hey folks–think I may be experiencing the same issue. Feed appears to be buffering constantly on Google Hub. No issues with the Wyze app feed or with adding Wyze to Google Hub–just can’t get a good feed/cast on the Hub. Firmware is up to date (4.10.6.199)

When checking my Wyze cams properties on Google Assistant, Goole admits it wont work on the Google Hub displays !!!

V2 Cam finally working on Google Display… Hope it keeps working…

1 Like