Google Home/Assistant Integration

That would be great if you could bring it to Google assistant I just got a Google assistant for Christmas and one of your cameras for Christmas I just wish I could watch the video feed on my Google assistant I have a little work around with using IFTTT I can do so many cool things with that I can have my Google Home turn off and on my wife Kim motion detection but it doesn’t directly work with Google assistant so I can’t view the video feed on my Google home hud but with IFTTT when there is motion detected on my wife Kim I can have it turn on all my lights in my room and notify me it’s really cool i’m very thankful for what you guys are doing it’s a game changer have been wanting one of those cameras for ever but they’ve always been way too expensive but now with your camera it’s affordable and it’s really good

A post was merged into an existing topic: Outdoor/Weatherproof Wyze Cam

Will that work on iOS

TinyCam does not work with iOS and the developer has not given any indication of when or if it ever will.

2 Likes

What is this feature you’re talking about I’ve never heard of it

I definitely don’t want to have to start paying a fee for something I’m not going to use I think the wife Kim app as of right now is perfect I think the 14 day free storage is amazing but maybe you could have like a 30 day storage plan for a couple bucks a month if people are into that personally the free 14 days it’s how I would go if I had a tooth over painted for 30 days or free 14 days

OK well hopefully Wyze cam Will bring that feature to view live streams on Google Home

You replied to a post talking about TinyCam and asked if it works on iOS. I replied that it does not. It would help if you more fully describe what you’re asking about if that wasn’t it.

1 Like

I don’t think so. TinyCam is Android only. I did get “Hey Google show me the porch cam on my hub” to work with IFTTT and Tasker but the setup is somewhat klunky.

Jeff

1 Like

I would like to be able to view my wyze cam Stream on my Google Home And you can do that with Tony Cam app but you said it’s not available on iOS so I’m hoping that feature will become on wyze cam app

did you have to make that IFTTT short cut yourself I would like to check it out but hopefully it becomes a feature on the wyze cam app

Am I assuming properly that the autocorrect of wyzecam is wife Kim? And that tony Cam is tinyCam?

5 Likes

IFTTT applet triggers with Google Assistant and then Tasker can either trigger on IFTTT notification or use Join. TinyCam has a Tasker plugin which can cast a camera. So you can’t do this on iOS.

Jeff

1 Like

What suddenly happened to vote count for this Roadmap?! From 600 to 26! Can someone fix that?

We are investigating what happened to the vote count. Wyze is well aware that this is among the top three vote getters, so no worries.

I won’t player hate Amazon or Alexa for fear of getting Bezo’d, but in this world they’re are two sides. Not good and evil, not capitalism and communism, no they are Google or Alexa. I’ve chosen Google for a number of reasons, still buy almost everything off Amazon, and have found harmony with the world. So by the way, it’s now 2019 Q1… Soooo just sayin’… Kinda waitin’… Not yet… Now… Still just starting at my phone…

Hello. How is the Google Home integration coming along?

IF - Detect motion front door. (This)
THEN - Display on home hub. (That)

Or

IF - Smoke alarm alerts. (This)
THEN - Turn on kitchen WYZ☰ and show on home hub. (That)

:thinking:

If you own an Android TV and sideload TinyCam Pro on to it; you can ask Google Assistant to open TinyCam and it will show up on your TV. I use the Mi Box S (Android TV with a 4K chromecast built in) and the Shield TV but any Android TV should work. You can then select and open specific cameras with your remote.
57%20PM
The perfect work-around for now.

2 Likes

Would be great if wyze can works with google assistant, google home and chromecast. It will be a reason to buy more wyze. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

+1
I also would like Google Home/Assistant Integration. I don’t care for Alexa.

1 Like