Google Home/Assistant Integration

We’re still working on the Google Assistant integration for Wyze Lock. Thanks for the feedback! I’ll tell the team that you’re interested in more abilities when using Google Assistant with your Wyze Cams.

@trinitymob, what are you trying to do with the motion sensor and Google Assistant?

1 Like

my wzye google connection goes down with no rhyme or reason. it will work for weeks and then boom … like this week every day so far its broken and i have to re link or go in to google home and pretend i am adding a device and then the integration works.

2 Likes

Could you please send in a log? The team is investigating this specific issue. We’re sorry for the trouble.

Oh I was just wondering if the sensor was going to be added in goggle home, just like alex. I’m able to see my Cam, 2x Door sensor and IR sensor in alex, but only the Cam, 2x Door sensor in google home. I was just curiuous so I can make sexy routines on devices in google home. Now that I’m thinking about it, all my sensors in alex have native support with routines and google home doesnt have native support with any of my sensor types even if it shows up or not. It must be the limit with Google homes native app.

Yeah, there are some key differences between the two. Alexa’s Routines are pretty snazzy! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just bought my first Wyze product, currently using Nest cams, but their cost is very high in comparison. However, I get a live feed on my Google Nest Hub, not delayed by 40 seconds. I see in may 2019 it was promised that local streaming was being worked on, what is the status on getting rid of the live stream delay? The delay will not work for what I’m using it for.

2 Likes

Please Please Please… All i am wishing for is better integration with Google and their smart displays. There’s a good chance that I would not have purchased any wyze products if they didn’t all promise the feature of working with google home or that it was comming soon.

4 Likes

I defenitley agree, for me to consider their upcoming doorbell it MUST have Google assistant capabilities, and it definitely can with Google announcing that other companies can now integrate easier rather then just nest.

1 Like

I’m so disappointed. I still can’t get more than 1 of my Wyze cameras and NONE of my light bulbs to work with my Google assistant display. It’s ridiculous. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled so many times, I won’t try it again. Regretting the investment I Wyze equipment.

Is there any chance we could get an update on the Google integration? I’m mostly concerned about streaming the cameras on the Google displays. I know there was talk about WebRTC, is this still being pursued? Are there other options? I would just like to see some progress. I truly do love the Wyze products and everything you guys do. Any updates are appreciated.

WebRTC is still in the works and Google is looking into an issue with streaming on hubs. Sorry I don’t have more detailed information for you yet!

2 Likes

Question, would i be able to set up a trigger so that when my hallway cam v2 picks up motion it triggers my chromecast to play a selected video? Ive been reading for hours trying to find an answer

Hey! What’s the word on Assistant integration with WyzeLock?

Looking forward to Home Assistant integration. You have my vote.

1 Like

@KenP
Just so you are aware this is for Google Home and Google Assistant integration. You can find the thread for Home Assistant linked below

1 Like

Hay looking @ wyze cam 3 I only see Alexa support, will google home/ Chromecast be added ( also curious about doorbell google home support).

3 Likes

Google Home is supported but it so pathetic it is not even worth trying. I tried again the other day and after two minutes of waiting I gave up !

3 Likes

Its not thatsbGoogle home is trash. Because I honestly love it. It’s that Wyze for some reason can not incorporate the right coding so that the wyze products can work with Google. I just wish they stop saying that their products are google compatible. THATS FALSE ADVERTISING! NOTHING WORKS WITH GOOGLE ASSISTANT OR GOOGLE SMART DISPLAYS.

3 Likes

Any update on Google Home integration? Google and Wyze are our home devices. It would be nice, even if its just to turn cameras on when we leave. Or more.

2 Likes