Google Home/Assistant Integration

Any update on this?

This should be improved. Are you still having connectivity trouble?

1 Like

Still getting the stream isn’t available from the door. Looks like the stream is unavailable for the front. Looks like the stream is unavailable for Cam3. Has the problem with Wowza been fixed? If so I can remove them again and start over.

This is INCREDIBLY frustrating for multiple reasons. This was advertised as a possible baby monitor. It is a complete waste of money.

It is UNACCEPTABLE for there to be a 10 minute timeout. It needs to stream all night long. Advertising it as monitoring a baby sleeping is gross negligence. It is simply not reliable. It hasnt made it through a single nap without crashing.

Shame on you.

1 Like

I put the app on an old ipad and it runs for days without a problem

1 Like

Welcome to the community, @saltlydog4. Live streaming through the app is not restricted, only the Google Nest (Home) integration due to the cost Wyze currently incurs with this service. Are you having issues with live streaming through the app?

The problem is both with my Google pixel 3 and my Google home hub. The phone crashes routinely before 5 hours. Whereas the hub stops working after 10 minutes.

Neither solution is acceptable as a baby monitor, which is why we bought it (as it was advertised to be one)

However, if we use it as a baby camera, and it routinely stops streaming withing 5 hours, that puts out baby at risk of SIDS.

Saltydog4, I am using the Google Pixel 3XL and I don’t have that issue. It streams perfectly for me all day and night. I do not use the Google Home Hub.

I used to use the Echo skill to open the app on a Fire tablet (version 10) to monitor but it only ran for a while and then I’d have to restart the skill…so I switched over to using my ipad and I have no issues with it streaming there.

I’ve resisted getting the Google Home Hub because I’d have to (as I understand it) do some workarounds to get it to work the way I need it to work. Maybe you ought to uncouple the app from the Home Hub and see if it works fine on your Pixel3? At least you’d be able to figure out if it’s the Hub that is causing issues because it needs a workaround. And if both of your devices are stopping at the same time could it be your wireless dropping in and out? I am using Google Wifi and had to add a node because one of my cameras was slightly out of range. If there was a good signal no problem. If the signal got interrupted the camera would not respond. Got an additional node and no more dropping.

It has been happening through the Wyze app on my pixel 3 and my wife’s. I purchased the google hub in the hope that it would work better - after seeing Wyze’ advertisements - and it is much much worse with that device. Practically not usable on the google hub.

And I’m using verizon FIOS 100 up and down. Wireless dropping in and out is not the problem.

It sounds to me like you and @virginiao are having different experiences with the app. Have you contacted Wyze support for assistance?

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, please file a Support Request. Depending on the nature of the problem, rather than use the website link, it is helpful to submit an App Log and/or a Firmware Log.

2 Likes

@saltydog4 , the high internet speeds of Verizon FIOS have no effect on the wireless performance of the devices WITHIN your home. Interference from other devices, walls, distance, etc., can all degrade wireless performance. Have you verified with the camera in question and with your phones that you have good (60% or better) wireless strength? Have you verified your neighbors are not on the same wireless channel as you are? Since the Wyze cam (currently) only supports 2.4Ghz wireless, have you determined how many other devices are on the same frequency on you wireless network? You could try moving the camera into the same room with the router to eliminate distance and physical interference and to give the camera a higher priority when it comes to interference from other devices just to test whether the camera works better under best conditions.

As far as the camera being used as a monitor, are you expecting that you as parents are going to be watching the feed the entire time your baby is sleeping? As a father who raised 6 of my 7 living children, I can tell you this is neither practical nor expected by anyone. I say this not as criticism but sincerely and from my heart. This may not be the place to discuss this, but since you bright it up… SIDS is something that 100% of babies are susceptible to. The best solution is not to watch them all the time, but one method is to use a wedge designed to keep them off their back, and to make sure there are no soft items in the crib they can suffocate themselves with. Certainly, any parent wants to check on them now and then when new babies are sleeping, so popping open the feed now and then is not unreasonable.

I hope this helps and I’m sure I speak for everyone when I say we want to help you make this work the best it can for your needs.

1 Like

I second @sytecyer’s suggestion that you test your speeds in your childs room (and other rooms as well) and that you test multiple times of day & night to see what kind of traffic you are running into.

The reason I went with a mesh wifi set up is because when we had few wifi needs it was fine to have the router in one room. I’m on cable so mine is blazing fast but the older the kids got, the more technology in the house and those not near the router had slow speeds. I bought a repeater which helped but we added even more technology and it was too slow and some rooms the signal dropped in and out. The closer you are to the router and repeater (if you have one) with fewer walls in between the better your signal. btw, the type of walls you have between the router and that room also make a difference. Tile walls in a bathroom make a huge barrier to the signal.

Got the Google Wifi and now I have blazing fast internet thru the entire house and yard. There are plenty of free speed test apps for Android: I think it’s worth your time to test.

The nursery is about twenty feet from the wireless router, and it is 95 to 100% all the time. I already used a channel app to determine least used channel.

I have other devices. I only have problems with the Wyze camera.

As for the parental advice, yours is really bad. Infants are supposed to sleep on their back. Every pediatrician worth their salt recommends it. Secondarily, I want the stream on at night to wake me up if problems occur, and to check to make sure he isnt on his stomach.

For checking, that’s not a problem. If it disconnects, I reconnect it.

The problem is, if it disconnects and I’m asleep and a problem occurs that doesn’t wake me up.

This camera is not reliable.

@saltlydog4 what phone is your wife using to livestream wyze? Does her phone cut off after 5 hours too? I haven’t heard of that issue before. I did have an issue with my old tablet with the old app which would constantly cut off the live feed but I couldn’t figure out why.

Anyone else having no luck getting the Wyze cameras to stream to their Google Home Hub? I select a camera and it says “Playing Smart Home Camera” for about 30 seconds before reverting to a black screen. I’ve tried removing and then re-adding the cameras from my Google Home group without any luck. It worked originally when they first got the streaming functioning, but I haven’t gotten it to work in nearly a month.

Sorry to hear about this! I’d recommend contacting our support team so we can look into this.

Support Request Form

Mine is working. Did you remove Wyze Home when you removed the cameras? When you add it back in it should work. What happens when you say “sync my devices”? If it tells you that it couldn’t sync one of the providers you’ll need to remove the Wyze Home and add it back in setup. Then add your cameras.

I have the exact same problem. Just recently bought my Google Home Hub with one of my expected uses being the ability to see my Wyze Cams on there. What a disappointment! I’ve added and removed and done the setup a few times after I saw people saying that there are huge latency issues etc. Still no luck. Given my other hope was getting PC / Browser support or getting Android TV support I seem destined to only see this on my phone app. And I am certainly not interested in RTSP loading or using an Android emulator to achieve such a basic task.

My issue has been resolved - it seems I just needed to wait for like 30 seconds at the black screen and the cams started showing - delayed but working. Neat to be able to use a different display without too many issues and I hope the delay can be reduced

1 Like