Google Home/Assistant Integration

Hello team,

I have a Google Home Hub and I am going to purchase more of them! I was trying to find a compatible camera which works with the Home Hub. After digging and looking into most of the compatible cameras… and comparing the prices… I was hoping that your camera support the Home Hub as well as it was not clear to me. When I found out that it is not supported, I decided to look for other products. Until, I read most of your “transparent” comments and how hard you are working to solve all the issues you are facing… specially that you are not trading Timeline with quality. I think that you are moving toward the right direction and the products will be promising!

I have tried some “Compatible” cameras with the google hub, but believe me you would never want to try them! They are absolutely useless and garbage! So, please stick with your plan and never trade quality!

I am going to buy from your products, even though that the release date is unknown!

Keep up the good work and never give up! I know you can get the best out of the Google Home.

Obadah

2 Likes

Thank you. Appreciate the response. Looking forward to hearing from you tomorrow.

1 Like

It’s starting to sound like a second beta wave needs to be opened! It’s crazy how many of us are requesting. Lol
Any thoughts on that?

@UserCustomerGwen could you add me to the beta? Can you enable so I can send you my email and get this show on the road? Thank you :slight_smile:

Another day of checking for updates… another day of nothing but posts of people asking to join beta (sigh).

9 Likes

Can you please add me to the Google beta group?

Can you please add me to the Google beta group?

Thanks

@UserCustomerGwen New to Wyze but bought a cam after reading this thread. Please add me to the “beta”. Thanks

@UserCustomerGwen - Please add me to the beta too? Pretty please ? :no_mouth:

May i be added as well please?

Do we have any updates on this?

Hey, folks!

Everyone that requested permission changes should now be able to message me. The person that posted their email publicly had it sent to Frederik and removed. Please don’t post your email address publicly.

For the people that are frustrated with the thread, we’re sorry. We promise not to allow one off beta requests like this EVER again. We’ll find a different system no matter how optimistic we are about timing. :slight_smile:

I didn’t know we could still get into the beta testing. Am I still able to get into the beta testing? I’ll PM you if I am able to get in it.

Yes, please send me a message. :slight_smile:

Hi Gwendolyn,
I’d love to get a beta invite as well. Thank you!

Hi Gwendolyn,
I’d love to get a beta invite as well. Thank you!

@UserCustomerGwen I would like to join the beta if possible also. Thanks!

Hello,

I would like a beta invite please. Thanks!

Google Home Update:
It seems like a long time since I gave an update and I know the frustration is running high. Please, please understand that the team working on Google Home is pushing daily to get it done. We used every trick in the book to make progress and being able to bring it to you.
I’ve told many times internally that, if it would not have been required by so many of you, I would have dropped the development of that feature a long time ago. But because I made a promise that I would bring that feature to you, because I saw the amount of people that everyday are asking to join the beta, there was no stopping despite all the difficulties that we had to face. And talking about the beta, let me tell you one thing: you can give a huge thank you to @UserCustomerGwen for the massive amount of work that it has been to collect your email one by one and aggregating them. It was no small fit by any means.

But let’s get back to the feature and where we are standing. We had several meetings with Google and they are telling us that our application is looking good and the integration is now complete. Because so many of you have trusted us, they had to apply special reviews to our application and that is partially the reason for all the delays. The other reasons is that a couple of features required for the approval where not fully developed on our side. For example, when the camera is offline, the Google Nest Hub would still try to connect instead of returning the proper error message… Now, it seems that we are at the point where all has been taken care. So what does it means for the release:
1 - If nothing gets in the way, we should be able to release before the end of May. I know, famous last words… :slight_smile:
2 - We have to stop onboarding people for the beta and start focusing on our launch sequence.
3 - We will have to stop the beta in a few days and it means that you might loose the feature until we release.
4 - Once we are releasing the feature, you might have to redo the enrollment. Thankfully, it will be more straightforward than the beta instructions.

26 Likes

I hope it gets release for real and with no delays, I can’t wait to see my cameras on the Google hub @Frederik