Google Home/Assistant Integration

I’m good with Video only. Don’t personally have a use for audio and if i do, opening the app isn’t that big a deal.

5 Likes

I’ll add a +1 for what it’s worth in favor of limited Google compatibility (even if just at the beta level, ahem). I’m thinking it could be released in limited form, and simply not “advertise” it as “Google compatible.” That way, customers in the know in the forums, reddit, etc, can enjoy the (limited) benefits, and go in understanding the limitations. This will allow a larger, soft rollout (think expanded beta) of the Google platform while the kinks are ironed out. Then, when all is ready for full features, start promotion on web site etc of “Google compatibility.”

4 Likes

Update time for Google Home Integration Beta.

We have been working with Google in the last 7 days to get 1,000 users to be part of our beta. Unfortunately, they just told us that they don’t have a way to circumvent the 100 users limitations per day and per group and the ability to add more than 10 users at a time.

We have one more trick in our sleeves that we want to try this afternoon. We will brute force the addition of the emails in their system and see how far we can go. I’m commandeering several employees this afternoon and we will try to add as many people as possible.

This Google Home journey has not been an easy one so far and we aren’t where we hoped we would be at this time. But we are slowly getting there! Thank you for your patience as we work through these challenges.

16 Likes

Update time. We have managed to send about 300 invites in the last hour.

We are trying to get 600 more tomorrow but we have more prep work to do before we can execute those.

If you have not received an email, please wait until tomorrow to see if you are in that batch.

3 Likes

+1 I’ll take ANYTHING at this point beta or otherwise. Thanks

How can I get an invite? I have GH hub and 7 speakers, 2 nvidia shields with Hubitat Elevation waiting for this integration, 5 Wyze v2.

Hello @vjv, if you are a beta tester the invitation link will be sent to the email you signed up with.

I would love to have Google Home work with the wyze app.
Me and most everyone! :grin:

How do I sign-up for beta testing?

I’m all in with Google home so testing any version software if gone by me. Sign me up.

I think I signed up, but didn’t get anything. Hopefully i’m on the list for beta customers for the Google Home testing.

Hi. I am also interested, 2 wyze cams, google home and many other useless devices :slight_smile:

I only just bought my first 2 Wyze Cameras this past weekend. I would LOVE to sign up to test the Google Home integration. Can I still sign up, please? Thanks.

Hi there, I just bought my first 2 Wyze Cameras this past weekend. I would LOVE to sign up to test the Google Home integration. Can I still sign up, please? Thanks.

Hey, folks!

We appreciate the interest in joining the beta for this! The applications are closed but we’ll release the feature as soon as we can so that everyone can join in the fun. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can’t believe I missed the chance to sign up for this! I’m on the beta app! :frowning:

All my Wyze cams are showing up twice on my Google Hub.

I really like the feature so far and I have two criticisms that should be addressed before production. 1. The delay from when the voice command is said to when you see the live video is too long. 2. The camera feed is delayed by like 20 seconds.

On the beta program but didn’t receive anything on email :frowning:

We had a survey sent to collect participants. Did you feel the survey?
If you did you might have misspelled your email address. If we could fix it we would have done so. If not, we would not have been able to send the email invite which is step 1 of the process.