Do i need to do anything to get the new feed? because it’s not working right now…
For me I would like to have it just for the video, the sound is not important, I mean I already not enabling the sound on the wyze app itself, also it’s a known issue for these products that other brands did use, the sound is not working and the account link always get brocken with Google, I loved the wyze brand for it’s privacy, security, being in US and having SD card in it.
Happy and patient. Doing it well is important.
This solved the issue. I’ve been following this thread for a while but never made an account. Thank you for your assistance
Can anyone tag the link to the instructions once you have been added to the beta testing program for Google home hub? Thank you
Here are the instructions (from 3/12) for Wyze beta testing with Google Assistant:
- Look for an email from Google with the following title:
“Invitation to join Google Assistant Beta Group”
Accept the invitation.
- If you do not already have the Google Assistant app, go to your app store to install the application and then launch it.
- Then go to the following link:
and click on the link to enable the simulator.
Note that this step is not required for everybody so if you are not presented the option then move forward.
- In the Google Assistant app, click on Account at the top right corner. (Photo 1)
- Then select the Assistant tab and go to the Home Control entry. (Photo 2)
- Select Devices and hit the + button at the bottom right corner to add the devices. (Photo 3)
- Select “[test] Wyze Home”. It should be at the top of the page. (Photo 4)
Note: If you are not seeing “[test] Wyze Home”, then go to the Step 3 and make sure that you enable the simulator.
- This will bring up the Wyze authentication panel. Input your Wyze username and password to sign in. (Photo 5)
- Accept the permission to share the Wyze device list with Google. (Photo 6)
- Google will present the list of devices you have available and will allow you to assign them to a room. It’s optional and you can perform this operation by clicking on the pencil on the same row than the device on the right side.
Once completed, push the Done button at the top right corner. (Photo 7)
- The setup will now be complete. Press, “GOT IT” to dismiss this screen. (Photo 8)
- Back out of the Add devices page by selecting the back button at the top left corner. (Photo 9)
- Back out of the Home control screen using the same arrow. (Photo 10)
- Push the voice assistant button at the bottom of the screen and provide your command.
You can say something like, “Show <Camera Name> on <Chromecast Name>.” (Photo 11)
Known Bugs (as of 3/12, before switch to MPEG DASH):
- We had to disable the audio part of the video to start. We are hoping to re-enable it by the end of the week but it might take longer.
- Once in a while Google Home will say “stream is not available to ALL the cameras”. If this is happening, you need to unlink the account and relink it. We are looking into fixing that issue.
- The latency is about 15s. We are looking to see if we can reduce it but there is no guarantee for the moment that this could be achieved.
“the latency is about 15 seconds”
Oof that is not good at all
Is this because of the MPEG dash protocol?
I am not fully understanding the roadmap here either
Let me know if i have this right
You will releasing GA intergration with sound at first now but it will be based on MPEG DASH but this will only be a temporary situation until you can perfect the stream with HLS and then you will scrap the MPEG DASH protocol altogether and replace it with HLS with audio instead because it is lower latency?
But this will not be in the short term?
I have been following this thread for a while and just wanted to give a shout out to the Wyze Team for being so great in handling user feedback so hands on and transparent out in a public forum such as this. I appreciate all your hard work to not only ensure a quality product release but also keeping us informed on the progress. Can’t wait for the official launch!
I too am having trouble DMing you my email. Please allow me to be in the Beta as I bought this camera a few months ago to be a primary baby monitor in the nursery and use on a Home Hub and Chromecast.
I’ll check on your permission level and adjust it if that’s the issue.
@denis, thanks for your patience! We’re glad that you’re happy.
@jpmpr33, thank you for the confirmation that this did the trick! I am happy to help.
Your account was too new for sending messages so I boosted your trust level. You should be able to message Frederik now.
Hi. I’m in the beta program but I never received the invite email from Google.
The Google testing is a bit separate from the beta program. We announced the call out in our official beta channels (the beta section of the forum and in the Wyze Labs Beta Testers group on Facebook) but people had to send in an application to be added to the testing round.
Ah ok. Thanks. Is testing sign up closed?
You’re welcome! Technically the sign up is closed but you may want to message @WyzeFrederik just in case.
I am happy with the transparency. Most companies have the strategy not to say anything until everything is “final production quality”. I love the fact that we are updated and am totally comfortable with the time it takes to get things right. It’s fun participating in the beta program as well, that way you get to see things as they progress. If anything, it takes more time and trouble for the Wyze folks to keep us updated than if they were secretive. Keep up the good work and the transparency, you have consistently delivered on your promises and acknowledged when it may take a little longer or can’t be done for the time being!
Oh man I should cross post this information to reddit, I’ve checked daily with 0 updates and it was posted here.
What can I do to get some trust factor points I’d like to bug Frederik as well.
I will post something I need those fake internet points!
Sounds good! Far be it for me to deny you your karma.