Google Home app does not support Auto Mode - Wyze Thermostat

I am curious about what others have found while using the Google Home app or Google Voice Assistant with the Wyze Thermostat. I noticed after setting up my thermostat that it is pulled into Google Home when I reconnect my Wyze account in Google Home just fine (Horray!). However, if the thermostat mode is set to auto, it will show up in the Google Home app with the mode of “Other”. In this state, you cannot change the temperature in the Google Home app or by voice (google assistant will say it is in a mode that it doesn’t support). You CAN, however, change the mode to “Heat” or “Cool” and then both the Google Home app and Voice Assistant work as it would with other smart thermostats. If you change the mode back to “Auto” in the Wyze app or from the Thermostat, Google Home app and Voice Assistant will be unable to change the temperature again until the mode is changed to a supported mode.

Is this a bug, or simply something that is not supported yet with the Google Home integration?

If it is not supported yet, I do hope that it will be soon. I love the idea of not having to select a mode and have the thermostat manage all that for me, however, it would be nice to have Google Home integration support when in Auto Mode.

Yes! This is so frustrating. All I want is for it to read off the temperature.

Side note, I did test alexa with the same settings and she does not have this problem and WILL read off off temperature correctly when asked.

1 Like

Exactly! I’m thinking about getting a differrent thermostat all together. Basic smart functionality is missing. Granted, this particular issue could be part Google, part Wyze. A simple temperature read should be supported in ANY mode. And even in Auto Mode we should be allowed to set it to a specific temperature WITHIN that range. They also need to narrow the range. 5 degrees minimum and maximum temperature is way too wide. You could be cold at 68 and comfortable at 73.

1 Like