Google Assistant Lock Unlock?

Everything works fine for me.

I’m using a Galaxy S21 with Wyze version v2.21.26 and Google Home V 2.38.1.1.7

Your auto-unlock works reliably as well? If mine works I have to stand at my door anywhere from 1-15 seconds before I hear it unlock. Usually after that, it it hasn’t unlocked I give up waiting.

I REALLY think that they need make the 3 minutes from entering the Geo fence to getting in Bluetooth range user configurable. I ended up getting more reliability by setting the center point to a house down the street so that I would drive into the fence in my driveway instead of down the street.

My auto-lock works. My only problem was setting up the integration with Google Home which I could not do using my Samsung 21+ and the Wyze app found in the Playstore. Fortunately, I have an iPad and was able to set it up that way. All functions of the lock works perfectly.

Bill J.

Yes worked fine for me…

Ah, nice. Mine only working about 1 time out of 5 or so… At least before I just get tired of standing there waiting and do it manually.

I’m sorry that I have not made myself clear. I have no problem with the lock It is the app that I have tried to make everyone understand that for me to set up the voice command in the Google Home. As you can see the latest app that I have on my phone does not have the 3rd Party Integration setting

I was able to set 3rd Party Integration using my iPad.

I’ve been able to integrate all three of my locks with Google Assistant. Here is what I’ve found:

1. Most important: If I say, “lock all the doors” Google will do so, even if one of the doors is ajar.
  2. If I ask, “are all the doors locked” Google will say yes even if a door is ajar as long as the bolt is extended

One of the best features of Wyze locks is their ability to differentiate between open and closed. I hope the next iteration for Google takes advantage of this.

1. For two of my three locks if I say “lock the xxx door” Google understands and locks the door. For the third lock Google thinks it hears UNlock, asks me for my PIN and unlocks the door. I can solve the problem just by saying “Please lock the xxx door”. Who knew Google insisted on manners!

I set up my lock when the integration was first announced to be working, and it worked up until about a week ago. Now when I ask the Google Assistant to lock or unlock, it will ask for the pin, but then says 'Sorry it looks like the [name of lock] isn’t available right now.
Very frustrating. I’ve deleted Wyze from Google and reconnected and still have the same issue.
Anyone else having the same experience?

i’ve been using google assistant to unlock until last week it says that my PIN is incorrect. I’ve reset the PIN a few times and still no luck. Please help.

2 Likes

I am having the same problem, I have 2 wyze locks both still lock through google assistant but will not recognize the pin when unlocking… I have tried resetting the pin in wyze, clearing the cache for google home and wyze apps on android, reconnecting wyze to google, restarting google speakers and still nothing. I hope there is a fix soon.

2 Likes

If you did these steps already, could you submit a log? Thank you.

I have the same issue iwth the pin.
I can lock and unlock from the Google Home (e.g. talking to Nest mini) but not if I am talking to the Google Assistant on my android phone - Wyze asks for the pin, and when I give it it claims the pin is incorrect. Tried all kinds of things, unlinking, re-linking, changing the PIN, restarting the phone - it always still claims the PIN is incorrect. I only have one lock.

2 Likes

Same problem. Wyze integration was working, but now fails to recognize the PIN.

1 Like

Maybe it’s only for Wyze Lock and not for Lock Bolt?! I have the LB and I don’t see the GH option either! Dratz!

Lock-bolt is Bluetooth only, so there is no internet connectivity to link it to Google Home nor to Alexa, nor any Wyze Rules with other Wyze devices.

1 Like

I have just set up the 3rd party integration within the Google app, which synced ‘wyze home’ and now I have the wyze lock showing up within Google home. My wife has Google home shared to her phone too, and the wyze lock shows up there as well. However, in wyze app under the options where you should be able to reset pin, she does not have that option. She gets the same ‘incorrect pin’ when trying to use Google assistant to unlock the lock. Lock does not require a pin, only unlock. If I do it from my phone, I can lock and unlock with pin. If my wife does it from her phone it says incorrect pin.

If either of us do it from our Google home mini, it works but is an almost pointless task to perform from in the house. (used only for testing. Our intended use would be from Android phones)

Thx for any assistance