Google Assistant integration for control and status

You should be able to accomplish this thru IFTTT

Isn’t IFTTT going to be unsupported by Google home soon? Google Discontinues 'Works With Nest,' Breaking IFTTT Integrations - Variety

My guess is for the most part yes, but they claim they will restore some things with a Google API after killing the Nest API. It’s mainly a wait and see what happens, the supposed date they will kill Nest API is Aug 31

The specific issue is that Nest’s integrations with IFTTT (specifically the Nest Thermostat, Nest Protect, and Nest Cam services) are going away. I am not aware of any plans to end Google Assistant’s ability to work with IFTTT.

I do have some feedback on the bulbs.

•Having schedules for turning on and off grouped and individual light bulbs.

•Having scenes that can be seen in Google Assistant as opposed to scenes that are more equivalent to presets.

•In Google Assistant under Home Control, under scenes tab, scenes should be seen in this area. (See attached photo of example from “The Competition “)

2 Likes

This part of the topic can already be accomplished using the Shortcuts feature of the app. To learn how to use Shortcuts, click the Support link, top right.

2 Likes

It would be very useful

Having integration with Google Assistant is what he/she is asking for. Being able to trigger a scene even with IFTTT would be amazing. Or asking Google to trigger a scene would be game changing. Shortcuts inside the app isn’t really a shortcut. Triggering with an assistant is a shortcut.

2 Likes

Adding my vote to this. It was literally the second thing I tried.

You say you are adding your vote, but the vote doesn’t count unless you click the VOTE button at the top. :slight_smile:

Good looking out.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Please allow control of Color Bulb Scenes from Google Assistant/Home

I just got my wyze sensors and would love it if it were possible to set a routine/action that if I open my front door it checks other sensors to make sure they are closed and sends a notification confirming that.

Also Google Assistant integration would be great so when using Google routine it can check the status

I specifically bought these because of the announcement for Google assistant. Its infuriating to see this stuff continue on in tech after working in the biz for 20 years. I cant turn off the camera but can turn it on? Thats like saying I can turn on the light bulb with a routine but nope not off.

1 Like

Current Google Home integration is a true disappointment. Live casting is limited to only 10-minute but that wouldn’t be that big an issue if it actually worked. Too buggy sometimes getting a blank screen with the time limit winding down and it may or may not come up a few minutes later but then times out.

I have the same issue. Google Assistant can turn the cameras on, either with my “I’m Leaving” routine or when I just ask it to. It cannot turn them off either way. It’s weird.

We can currently use Google Assistant (via phone or smart speaker) to turn cameras on or off and to view on smart displays (not very well though). We should be able to use voice commands to launch shortcuts like “Hey Google, turn Wyze to Away” or some such. That way we don’t have to open the app to set shortcuts or use like 6 commands to set a scene.

I’ve started using IFTTT. It doesn’t turn the cameras off, but deactivates the motion detection. I just turn the cameras off is the wyze AP. One of these days it’ll all work together.

Does not make sense camera and door sensors work but motion sensor doesn’t

I think this is a Google limitation, I own sensors from another system also and Google picks up the contact sensors but not motion.