Glass Break Alert

maybe-later

My Wyze Camera should alert me if it ever hears the sound of glass breaking. My understanding is glass creates a unique sound when it breaks, and this sound can be identified through audio analysis done in software.

Just curious, why would you need a glass break alert?

The only thing I can think about having this would be for security purposes if someone breaks in by breaking a window, but I’m not sure if what OP is asking is even possible? Being there are so many different types of glass, so many variables to take into consideration…

1 Like

Dedicated glass break sensors are part of many professionally installed home security systems.

2 Likes

I would think breaking glass would trigger a sound detection. Currently, you’d get a cloud notice but not video on your SD card.

I believe its also available on Alexa -
"Dec 13, 2018 - Amazon’s Alexa Guard can alert you if an Echo detects smoke alarm, breaking glass. You’ll get a heads-up on your phone if an Echo device in " – google search results.
I have not yet tested this out, as I am currently fond of my windows and dont feel like replacing any LOL

1 Like

Definitely agree. One of the most common ways to break into a home is simply to break a window. There are other devices that do this, and since Wyze cam is already listening for smoke alarm, it’s seems glass breaking would be the next logical sound notification.

I’d like to see the addition of notification when Wyze hears breaking glass. This would be a nice add-on with the Sense hardware.

A unique notification sound would be ideal as all sound-based alarms (smoke, CO2, water, etc) would be a higher priority than, say, your mailman crossing into your detection zone.

It would be nice if you could use your Wyze cam microphone to detect if glass breaks just like you can with smoke alarms on it. I know that Amazon Alexas is coming out with it so it probably wouldn’t be impossible to put it on Wyze cams.