Ghost or if it the camera?

Can someone tell me why does my camera pick up these weird things. Its gotta be with night vision off. I’m talking pitch black.`

(https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/h2BMjAIkfT5J)

`

I’ve added a gif and screenshot for convenient in-forum viewing for others to help.

It does kind of look like little black worms crawling on the lens:
ezgif.com-gif-maker

I can’t say what is causing it, but maybe someone with some more understanding of cameras can chime in. It does look totally fine when the night vision kicks on though. No hint of anything like that:

I’m wondering if the lack of light causes a reflection back to the inside of the camera in some way. I say this because of an image I saw on reddit earlier this week…a guy’s camera was somehow reflecting their circuit board through the lens:

Then that reflection resolved itself and it was fine soon afterward…but the point is that MAYBE when you had it REALLY dark, it could be grasping at any residual reflection, no matter how dark. IDK, but I am sure there is a reasonable explanation someone with more experience can offer.

3 Likes

Hey Thanks for your help. If i stare at them without blinking for about 4 minutes they start turning to faces and figures like demonic s***

Just looks like sensor noise or compression artifacts to me. With so few photons hitting the sensor the sensitivity is increased to max so any stray or leakage voltage (any fluctuation) is going to cause weirdness.

But I’m not an expert or anything.

2 Likes

Orbe?? en estos dias que he tenido la camara por las noches en interior he captado muchos de esos. Ustedes que opinan?

Looks like dust or reflection. The infrared lights tend to light up dust very brightly and they transit quickly.

Or it’s the ghost of a lima bean. Did you murder a lima bean in your home?

1 Like

If you turn the pictures sideways, it looks like a faint burn in of what the camera sees when night vision is on as the lines line up with your structures.

Or could be Casper, the friendly ghost :rofl:

So i have more videos and to me it looks like evil spirits. This camera is looking towards my drive way. I view my cameras from my samsung galaxy tab 8+. From there you can see these figures turning into demons to other forms. Its like angels fightjng demons out here. Its creepy . I have the night vision off if that helps
1674892904_1

Im gonna be honest. I have no clue what u said. Was that nerd talk? Jk ill get back at here in a bit. Gonna ask google

Anyone shooting through Double Pane glass? I consistently on one v3 camera get what looks like a UFO at the top of my video. You can see the UFO is pacing the car headlights.

1 Like

Not really sure what we are looking at there. If you are talking about the “pixelation” that causes momentary blurring in the image, those are artificial artifacts caused by the cam firmware on recording and compressing the digital image data. It is especially prevalent in low light situations when the cam is trying to “fill in the blanks” of a poorly lit image. The lower the quality of the video and the higher the compression, the worse the pixelation artifacts.

Yes. I do as well. It is the light being reflected from the headlights coming in at an angle, bouncing off the inner pane, back onto the outer pane, and then being recorded by the cam on the outer pane. It is the mirror effect.

Direct 0° light would not do that as the reflection back would be directly centered in the incoming beam.

You are also going to see increased lens flare artifacts when shooting thru glass depending on the quality, thickness, material, backlight, and how clean it is.

1 Like