Ghost or floating dust

Two days ago wyzw cam detected this thing in my baby room , could you please tell me is this a ghost or just bug in the cam or maybe floating dust.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Wyze community abdouh30. :+1:

It’s most likely an insect or dust, but you never know!

I increased your forum trust level to allow video posting. We would be better able to identify if you post a video.

5 Likes

Unfortunately, I only have a picture

:confused: Well please post an event video if you capture another in the future.

Cool seeing non-US time notation on your screenshot. :smiley: Is that Urdu 10:28?

2 Likes

Arabic

3 Likes

:+1:

2 Likes

Yep, agree w\ @Seapup. Definitely a floating object really close to the lens. A microscopic flying bug or dust moving in the air current. Too close to the cam to get focus, that’s why it’s blurry.

Because it is in Black and White, this means the IR emitter lights are on and flooding the field with IR light. Anything that gets close to the cam will be lit up like a spotlight reflecting all that IR light.

This is a microscopic bug that got caught in a spider web across the face of the cam. Initiated motion Event videos for hours. If you look close, you can see other fast moving flyers streaking across the frame as well.

5 Likes

I hate when a spider builds a web out in front of the camera. But that’s why I have a 14’ extension pole to clean the space in front of cameras mount out of reach. The pole also doubles as a camera mount for the SkyCam.

1 Like

A regular maintenance requirement for outdoor cams. Especially w\ the IR lights attracting bugs…and the spiders that feast on them.

5 Likes

Yea, the spiders like to go right there and wiggle around all night, especially the lamp socket one so the light turns on and off…

Brooms can usually fix that problem pretty quickly :rofl:

2 Likes

well I have orbs in my room all the time and they aren’t bugs or dust i was going to show pics but it says new users cannot upload attachments. any one know why?

1 Like

Yes. New users must increase their trust level to get the added priveledge of posting pics and videos. It is a forum default setting to reduce spammers.

All you have to do is browse around, read some posts, post here and there, and your trust level will come up with the increased read time.

3 Likes

thanks

You have achieved “basic user” trust level now, so you should be able to post attachments. congrats

3 Likes

I just found this forum via Google, and am really looking forward to uploading video my Wyze is catching in my family room nightly. Not sure if it’s orbs or what. Really looking forward fo some feedback!

2 Likes

Welcome to the Wyze Forums. Keep reading posts and leaving comments and your status will soon be upgraded to allow you to upload videos and pics.

(You’re welcome @Seapup, I saved you some typing. :upside_down_face: )

4 Likes

@wytebyrd
I upgraded you to be able to post your video.

3 Likes

Uploading video from my Wyze - capturing nightly activity in my family room after I exit and go upstairs for the night. I’ve checked for dust etc so I’m interested in input on what others think this could be. Thank you! This is seriously just a fraction of what I’m getting.

1 Like

Yup that’s just dust. It’s always there, but the IR really lights it up

2 Likes

Rumor has it that Ghosts fart dust…
ghost-fart

3 Likes