Geriatric Independent Living. New Device ideas

is there someway to incorporate the IFTT app that is now fully integrated with the WYZE hardware…Mabye someone know’s how to set that up and offer a work around for you…

They have a section for this great idea!

I believe it’s called “Road Map”?

Post it there so folks can vote on it!

My dad will be 97 n spends 10 hrs+ a day alone.

An old skool tech hater,
Who’s turned down Life alert (8yrs str8). Won’t learn to use a cellphone n needs a walker, which he occasionally forgets to use. Also Refuses all safety fearures, except for walker n shower grab bars!

We won’t get into the Hme Hlth Aides in today’s lesson, either! Cantankerous isn’t the word!

Only a person spending 24 hrs alone could beat this!

So, post it there too!

To get voted On & maybe they will take a look @ this feature / idea!

U n I just opened an entire market for the devices!

Call it, “Wyse Cam n Sense Eldercare” (if true, I / We should get a pct. (%). Plus lifetime free products!) :wink:

Exactly what I was thinking. This could open up a whole new direction for Wyze. Seems like an easy thing to add. Just let the user pick the number of hours with no motion to alert us. My mother is 84 and lives alone. She was happy for me to put the motion detector in her house but I have to check it several times a day.

1 Like

I agree Paul. Their Disclaimer for Wyze does warn that this is not a life saving device. I reside in Canada and am waiting for them to be made available through amazon.ca … this has so much potential as an afforedable tool to alert concerned family members on a wide array of situationls for their elderly parents who deserve the dignity of staying at home.

Ur lucky!

Mine’s, anti tech, anti new age safety n anti social!

Wish her a happy Mom’s day from Da WyzeGuy’s!

1 Like

Hello Everyone from the Geriatric Independent Living group:
Take a look at my idea/Tip for Stove Sense.
This idea really helps out Seniors who forget to turn off the Stove Heaters.
Stove Sense Idea
Enjoy Robert

How cool it would be to have a small pressure sensor form wyze. I could use to turn the lights off when i get into bed : ) Lol… You could become the Lego of home automation guys, think about it

1 Like

There are so many systems that very with EMS services. I think with the Wyze sense in place and different products to use on person and surrounded areas of the home inside and out would be awesome. I would be happy to pay for the services.

I would like to see a great inexpensive product for the elderly such as Med-Alert . That give security to families of elderly individuals. Preferably a device that could be worn or voice activated like Alexa if you forgot your necklace, bracelet etc. Maybe even provide two way communication. Please note there are still a lot of areas that do not have high speed internet so possibly another line of products or the capability to call from a landline or built in cell service for the device in that case.

1 Like

So what does everyone think about a system for seniors??? I’ve been looking for an alarm service with life alert built in or as an add on feature on for my grandmother.

What do you guy think about this?

What about adding fall detection to the watch and If the person doesn’t respond to the watch in enough time. It’s send text messages out to people on a list.

So many ideas turning in this brain of mine.

**really great ideas. Which would make wyze that much better! Continue to do great things wyze team

Welcome to the forum.

That’s one of the better ideas that’s been posted. My Mom would never know where her watch was though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seconded! I’ve installed Alexa in my mom’s where if she calls out from anywhere in her house she can call me or my sister if she can’t get to a phone. She adds her appointments to her calendar with Alexa. She also has reminders for meds. Now Alexa is getting a little more conversational, she gets a kick out of conversing. The only problem with doing some of these things is she sometimes has trouble remembering the commands. Since she has ARMD, the voice commands for lights, tv are helpful. Tho the tv ops aren’t as breezy as Amazon would have you believe.

The point being… I think a lot of us are dealing with aging adults and appreciate any company that can provide solutions that allow them to maintain independence- very important to my mom at 93!

i got alot of camera for my mum and we share the feed of the camera so i can make sure she is ok …
but could you make a alert message to let me know is fell or got hurt and she scream HELP it sends a message to my wyze app or phone

I maybe wrong,

But my long since retired Original Wyze band (itchy silicone), had such a feature.

Great for conscious falls.

Lucky me,
I have Alexa in my 4 of my 5, most visited rooms.

My basement will make 5 of 5. :thinking:

Devices for the elderly

Just realized it would be create if Wyze had a wanderer device, device that can detect when a person has left their bed or chair and it sounds an alarm through the app. Could be part of the home monitoring package.

This came from a recently event with my parents both elderly and they fell out of their bed and chair and it was awhile before anyone could help them, so we looking for a device now but would be nice if this could be available via Wyze

[Mod Note]: Your request was merged to this topic for consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button. You may also wish to comment on and/or vote for Medical Emergency Device/Fob and Fall Detection.

I second the pressure sensor.

Another idea is for camera AI to detect fire or smoke indoor.

The cameras do currently detect the sound of Fire and CO alarms and can send a notification.

1 Like

That’s true, I take that back. Thanks.

TV remote for seniors (dementia)

Please create a large TV remote with not many buttons for seniors. A cable box would be awesome too with 20- 100 channels that are easy to find. My 85 yr old mother constantly gets stuck in pay per view, changes the HDMI to another channel, gets channels that need subscription. And spends hours trying to fix her TV. As well, please create kitchen/bathroom sink taps that spring shut off as I worry about flooding. Sensor is difficult for dementia to remember and they might put a towel in the sink so spring on/off is best. Also kettle, toaster easy large buttons and microwave that doesn’t cook past 2 minutes. Also, a wall mounted weekly pill box that springs open when it’s time to take. My mother forgets if she just took her pills despite being in a blister pack from pharmacy but if you could design a wall device that will only open the little door when it’s time to take she won’t have to remember. Thank you!!!

[Mod Note]: Your topic and associated replies were merged to this Wishlist request for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button to show your support.

2 Likes

This may be a solution for a TV remote.

3 Likes