Garage Door Wireless keypad

Not sure if this has been added to wishlist or not for future products. Would be nice to have a garage door keypad that can be mounted outside programmed to my garage door and connected to the Wyze app to change garage pin codes. I have a basic one from Lowe’s but it is a pain to go through the process to update the codes. A basic keypad like I have with the Wyze lock would be nice to setup temp codes for the garage door and programmable to any garage door. I’ve searched online and cannot find anything to fit this without doing the myQ technology which I had before and rarely used it.

This is exactly what I’m thinking. I didn’t see your post when I submitted my wishlist post, which was merged into “Garage Door Opener (with WYZE sense)”.

Copy my post here:
I suggest that WYZE uses the same door lock key pad but a different gateway. The gateway can talk to the door lock key pad, work with WYZE app and just like the door lock gateway, combining with the function of the following garage door remote:
https://www.amazon.com/Alisontech-Liftmaster-Chamberlain-Craftsman-Security/dp/B08TVJKLMD

When someone enters the correct code into the WYZE door lock key pad, this new WYZE gateway should act like a garage door remote, asking the garage door to open and close. The added benefit is that I can change the code of the key pad remotely.

I am running an AirBnb unit for which I can remotely change front door keypad code (the usual WYZE door lock). I have to be physically there to change a dumb garage door keypad, similar to something below:
https://www.amazon.com/Chamberlain-LiftMaster-Craftsman-940EV-P2-Compatible/dp/B004QM7O34

There is currently no “smart garage door keypad” on market that I can change keypad code remotely through an app.

Challenge:

1. There are many generations of different garage door remote technology. It is not hard to match the latest Security+ 2.0 like the one I showed (only $17 for a pair). It would be hard to be backsword compatible with older generations, like Security+ or dip switch that are still around.

2. For safety reason, Chamberlain’s myQ app, when trying to remotely close the garage door, it will make the garage door beep 10 seconds before actually dropping the garage door, to avoid injury. How to do the same through WYZE app is still a question.

1 Like

Wyze Garage Door Keypad

I recently installed a new garage door opener and installed an exterior keypad that works similar to a garage door remote. I’d love if I was able to use the existing Wyze lock-keypad as a garage door opener with the ability to open/close the garage or change pin numbers in the same app I use for all of my Wyze devices.

This is exactly what I was talking about: a smart keypad that I can change code remotely. It is a must for me because I’m running short-term-rental (airbnb) and I am not always be there every time guests check out and I need to change door code. I’m able to change front door code remotely with wyze door lock keypad. I haven’t figured out a way to do the garage side.

1 Like

With Wyze now having the garage door controller I’m wondering if you could simply allow the Wyze Lock Keypad interact with the Wyze Garage Door Controller. This seems like a no brainer to add a ton of functionality to the Garage Door Controller.

1 Like

This idea would be absolutely fantastic. I currently have people (deliveries or employee access) to my garage. I have most if the wyze components and the wyze lock with separate keypad would be a perfect addition.
And I bought 2 so far.

Bumping this topic, it would be great if they had the exterior garage door keypad. Even add built in camera like the new one ive seen recently come out by another company.