Garage Door System

Is there any plans to make an interface that will be able to plug in to any current Garage Door System?

Ideas of things that could do.

• Open and Close the Garage Doors from the Wyze App.
  • When Opening turn on a Wyze Plug that has a light or Turn on Bulbs in the Garage.
  • Start recording on a Wyze Camera in the Garage.
  • Have Codes so I can give one to my neighbor when they come to drop off something.
  • Get rid of the current Garage Openers that I have to carry in my car and are ugly :slight_smile:
  • Use Geolocation Rules, and allow users to decide if they want the Garage Door opened or shut.
  • Notifications if the Garage Door is open for X time.

I have a Wyze v2 pointing to the doors, would be nice to integrate that to when the garage doors open. I have a Wyze Lock in the basement door with a keypad, so it would be nice to be able to enter the house on that side without physical keys, just using codes or my phone. This would be awesome for when my neighbor needs to come and drop off something or check on my cat. No more dropping off physical keys, I can assign a code or reset a code remotely even when I am not around. And also, if you are sleepy and left the garage door open get a notification and even close it from bed!!!

Thanks!

2 Likes

Great ideas! Iā€™m sure there are some Wish List items about Garage Door integrations. If none match that you could add your ideas to, maybe add one!