Garage Door Opener

So you’re one of those huh? Just like my wife watches every single word and punctuation. I don’t know how uns country folk get along in these technologically advanced world. :sunglasses:.

1 Like

Hey, I can decode French successfully as proven this morning:
https://forums.wyze.com/t/notifications-wyze-cam-v2/86129

How to decode exactly what you wrote: “The only thing I wish that it did I had was who the user was”

OK, I translated your English to French. Then I reversed it so it translated the French back to English. Wow I’m surprised that method worked to unravel it. Cool. I have to remember this trick. Only now do I see clearly what you meant to say. Nifty.
Screen Shot 2020-01-26 at 5.16.14 PM

It worked.

Keep having fun Chris. Your buddy, Craig

1 Like

Sometimes we forget to close the garage door and wishlist for a Wyze wifi garage closing device
Or Maybe I need to slow down in life
Or something

Anybody else out there like to see a garage unit?

4 Likes

Now that we have the Wyze Lock utilizing the Wyze Lock Gateway, let’s expand to wall mount garage door remote controls. A Wyze button could be mounted on the wall and wired in place of your current garage door remote and piggy back off of the Wyze Lock Gateway for control via the Wyze App or the Wyze Band.

[Moderator Note: This is a merged wishlist request]

3 Likes

I have 2 garage doors and used 2 wyze plugs (14.99) and 2 relays to control the opening and closing of the garage doors. Even added it to google home. The only issue is there is no feedback of open or closed. So I simply put a wyze cam in the garage. whole setup well under $100 for 2 doors!

2 Likes

So you turn the plug on or off to open the garage door then is that how it works?

1 Like

Actually you have to turn the plug on and then off. Like simulating a person pressing and then letting go of the button. So I created a routine in google home that says when i request the door to be opened, turn the plug on and off. Same when I request the door to close, turn the plug on and off

2 Likes

So you could share that plug with someone and they could open and close the door to correct? Say you were out of town and you needed someone to check on something let the dog out etc.??

For sure. The only other minor security issue is if you use a generic phrase like “hey google open the garage door” then anyone on your network could say the command. So you either have to train your google home to only your and your partners voice or make a phrase that is harder to guess

2 Likes

But couldn’t you share the WYZE plugs with someone and have them use the app to open the garage door?

yes you could.

1 Like

One last question do you get an alert if somebody would use that door? Because I have a smart garage door opener. And I get alerts just through that app telling me when it goes up or down and when the light goes on and off and if I give the code out who used it all that stuff so I was just wanting to know your work around is obviously cheaper but I was just wanting to know exactly what information you get

The way I addressed that issue is with a wyze camera setup in the garage. And then from there you can turn on motion or person detection on the camera. I know its not fail safe but I got bored and wanted to experiment and this is what i came up with

1 Like

No I love to hear how people have used the products to come up with solutions to existing issues. And you came up with a great one and much cheaper than mine. But mine has some advantages that yours doesn’t but yours has the advantage of being considerably less expensive.

another thing you could add is wyze sense and put it on the garage door. That would give you open close status.

1 Like

My smart garage door app tells me whether the door is opened or closed or even partially opened. And it tells me whether the light that is built into the opener is on or off. And from the app I can open and close the door and I can turn the light on and off. And every time the door goes up or down I get an alert

I initially installed a smart plug & relay to remotely open/close my garage door, until I found this…way better & cheaper & also uses google/alexa/IFTTT

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NXSJJF1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

That’s a pretty sweet find

I’d like to see a Wyze garage door opener that integrates with a camera. I’d install both in my garage so that I could visually monitor the door opening or closing as I control it. it would be nice if the opener just plugged in to the back of the garage camera, but I’d also accept a wired control that would replace the wired garage door opener push-button.

5 Likes

It would be great if you developed a garage door switch - one that replaces the basis button that opens and closes a garage door. It could be integrated easily into most doors, and having the ability to open, close, determine position remotely, and even have geofencing like the door lock…

3 Likes