Garage door controller sharing

None of the shares I have for the garage door controller can only view the cam they are unable to open or close door.
Is any one else experiencing this?

2 Likes

Works for me. Remember to use the button on the Live view page. This screen snap was taken from a shared account:

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. It only shares the cam. I can’t share the garage door controller accessory.

Same here. Posted in another thread the FAQ (and e-mail support) says to tap on the Garage Door Controller and hit share, but the Garage Door Controller isn’t in the list of my devices. It only shows up under the camera (where it works fine) but sharing the camera doesn’t share the controller.

I’ve tried uninstalling and re-installing the controller and camera, logging in and out of the app, rebooting and whatnot to no avail.

1 Like

Thanks! Fix this Wyze!!!

1 Like

My wife and I use the garage independently but after installing my new Garage Door Cam, when I shared the app with my wife she does not have control. She has to call me to open and close the garage door.
We bought this Garage Door Cam be cause a cat recently got its head caught in the door it was not far enough in to trigger the safety. Is there a way my wife and I can both control the garage door independently?

[Mod Note]: Your topic was merged to this category for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar posts.

Make sure the person you are sharing with is running the latest Wyze app version, currently 2.30.0 (a14) for iOS and 2.30.0 (130) for Android. Also make sure you are sharing the Garage Door Controller:

3 Likes

Thats the problem I have. The controller doe hs not show up on the accounts I am sharing with.

I just mentioned THERE IS NO GARAGE DOOR CONTROLLER TO TAP ON IN MY APP! Please stop quoting the broken FAQ entry. It does NOT WORK.

Will you please post a screenshot of the sharing page?

1 Like

Updating app worked!!! Thank you

1 Like

No problem. Glad to help. :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you.the shared users updated their wyze app and itworked like a charm.

2 Likes

Yeah, that was it. Despite my wife saying her app was up to date, it popped up an update when she went to try it again. :upside_down_face:

But the FAQ is still wrong. Tap on the Camera, then share that, don’t bother looking for a Garage Door Controller.

2 Likes

Yes, they need to update the doc and restress the minimum app update too.

Updating worked

1 Like

Yep. Same thing here. That’s why I log on. Hopefully someone has the answer

The others updated their app to make it work.