Garage Door Controller QR code callibration issues

My exact problem too.

And thank you everyone for your help so far, very appreciated!

As long as you don’t change the position of the camera or the QR code you shouldn’t need to recalibrate. Calibration is only to identify the position of the QR code in the camera view.

My guess is the limited number of Beta testers didn’t have someone that had the same model of garage door opener as yourself.

1 Like

Hi pruitts, thanks for your update. This could be a compatibility issue that we did not encounter in our beta testing. Don’t worry, we are still investigating the cause and figuring out if there are any changes we can make on the software side to fix this. We will take care of this case.
By the way, once you have calibrated without the wall button connected, as long as you don’t change the camera view or QR code sticker location, you do not need to re-calibrate.
What color is your garage door opener’s Learn button?

1 Like

Do you have the exact same garage door opener model? What color is your garage opener’s learn button?

Hi there. I have a purple learn button. I was able to short the wires in the control pad.
I have a craftsman 139539 18D

Hi, I got the same issue with a square purple learn button from a Chamberlain Whisper Drive Plus door opener model number HD900D.

Im using the latest firmware for both the v3 and garage controller.

Thanks for the response. My Learn button is purple.

I want to chime in on this thread. Having the same issues as above. I went through most of the calibration steps, but upon door close, the door does not close. The camera chimes, the light flashes, and I hear the click from the controller attempting to short the wire. I have a Craftsman opener with a purple switch.

From my past experiences with other controllers (I had a Meross WiFi controller before I installed the Wyze). With the Meross software, I had an option for a “short press” or “long press” in the app. If I had the short press enabled, the controller would function exactly 1 time. However, every time I would pull the wires out of the door opener, and reconnect them, the door would do 1 thing (open or close the door depending on position of the door), then nothing after that. I changed to the long press option in the Meross app, and that fixed my issues completely, and reliably. I would be wiling to bet that to those of you having issues, pull the wires out, put them back in; the door will cycle once, then stop again. Rinse repeat, you’ll get the same results every time.

What I think is happening to those of us with this issue @WyzeHongfei :
The circuit is not closed long enough to cycle the switch on the door opener. It works once, but never again until you pull the wires and reseat them. I know on the Meross and having the long press enabled, I could count 1 second that I could tell the wires were keeping the circuit closed (it would click and click again). I think an option for the Wyze controller to keep the circuit active for at least 1 second would do the trick. I am guessing there’s a timeout function in your code somewhere? Just increase that to 1 second, roll out the firmware and the issues will go away.

2 Likes

That makes sense, you could even do a system where during setup it would pulse quickly, ask you if it opened or whatever, if you say no pulse longer, And so on.

I like this line of thinking. It makes logical sense.

@WyzeHongfei - If you develop a beta firmware update to give this a try please let us know. I would be willing to give it a try.

Hi, I also have the Chamberlain Whisper Drive Plus and I am having the same issues as the others on this thread.

Hi pruitts, thank you so much for your offering. We just developed a firmware version that we adjusted the ‘press’ time, if you would like to try, please DM your Wyze app account to me, so I can whitelist your account so you can receive the special controller firmware. Thank you so much for your help!

2 Likes

Thank you kirnkorner20021! We just developed a firmware version that we adjusted the ‘press’ time, if you would like to try, please DM your Wyze app account to me, so I can whitelist your account so you can receive the special controller firmware. Thank you so much for your help!

1 Like

Hi m_devore. We just developed a firmware version that we adjusted the ‘press’ time, if you would like to try, please DM your Wyze app account to me, so I can whitelist your account so you can receive the special controller firmware. Thank you so much for your help!

1 Like

Can I be part of the test as well?

Yes, please DM your Wyze app account to me

I hate to even ask this but how do I do that? lol

Press my avatar, and click MESSAGE