Frustrated with Outdoor Cam & setup -Advice?

Hi gang… Just to preface I am very familiar with Wyzecams having an original, V2, Pan Cams and recently a V3 and outdoor cam.

Asking for a tip - My initial Outdoor Cam setup went OK, base station setup no problem at all. Had a glitch with the Camera setup, Not hearing the pairing message, but setup was successful. Unfortunately the battery or something in Camera was defective and over about an hour of the setup, etc. I saw battery discharge rapidly and would not accept a charge at all.

Wyze customer service was fantastic and after a couple back and forth with pics of box/camera, etc. Wtze sent me out a new camera. I had it in 3 days. :slight_smile:

I went to setup the new camera, and when turned it on… no yellow flashing light. Hmmm… directions say to go ahead and charge if no yellow flashing. So I did… red blinking light during charge and after about 2 hours a solid red light indicating fully charged. Great.

Attempted setup again… turned cam on, no flashing light. :frowning: - I thought, well I’ll try setup anyway, so moved on… pushed sync… no voice message. Base station started flashing yellow/blue… but was unable to sync.

I went ahead and removed the base station, and re-setup again with a different name. Once again attempted setting up camera. No luck.

Anyone else have issues like this? And/Or any suggestions on steps to take to move forward. Although the first cam was definitely defective due to not accepting a charge, I can’t imaging this camera has a different issue.

Thanks in advance!

Well they may have sent you a previous return or refurb…

If camera was replaced, it seems the next logical step would be replace the receiver unit.

Did any lights flash on the camera?
Try Power-cycling (flipping the switch on the back of the camera off, then on again) the camera then try setup if you haven’t tried already.
If the issue continues, you may want to contact Wyze Customer Support about this issue!
By phone: (206) 339-9646 Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT
Or online: Wyze.com/support (click “submit a request”)
phone support is typically faster however this isn’t always true due to fluctuation in the amount of calls.

This might solve the issue, but I believe it’s unlikely. The base did not cause the first camera to malfunction and the behavior of the current base seems to be normal. My suggestion is to see what support says.

OK, Update… after several unsuccessful attempts last night to get the camera to setup, I went ahead and plugged in again to make sure fully charged.

This AM, I turned on the camera switch and got the yellow light! - I began setup, and everything seemed to work like it should, heard the voice about syncing, heard a message about successful setup and camera started to show video.

Then got the upgrade firmware message… I updated firmware. Now camera won’t connect. :frowning:

I guess I will power cycle and see what happens… as it’s been about 3 hours and still won’t connect.