Free Person Detection From Wyze

UPDATE The option appeared once i updated the app

There’s no person detection option in the app although i’ve updated it

great job guys. congratulations!

You’re missing the Wyze Service menu option. It is in there…

I’m still getting notifications on ANY motion. Even a change of lighting in the room (without any object moving) triggers a recording as well as a consequent notification. Sensitivity is set in the middle range at 49. Thought I would only get notifications if it sensed a person in it…

Check your notification settings for the camera.

Under notification settings, you can specify notifications for people, other motion, and sounds.

Notifications are already set for People only, yet I’m getting notifications for any and every motion.

1. Under Wyze Services, Person Detection is enabled.

2. From the Account tab → Notifications - all settings for each cam are set to send notifications to Person only. All Other Motion/Sound are toggled OFF.

3. From the live stream page of each individual cam, I’ve gone into Settings and set Notifications to Person only. All Other Motion/Sound are toggled OFF.

***Despite the above, I still get notifications sent to me when there’s not a person in the recorded video. Remotely turning a bright light on, for instance, is interpreted by the cam as motion, and I get a notification for it. Open up the blinds in one room, and the additional sunshine illuminates the next room with a cam, and it thinks the extra light is actually motion…and sends a notification. One cam picked up notifications coming in on my iPad screen, sensed it as motion, and sent a notification. So the idea of getting only notifications when people are involved isn’t working for me. Every time I’ve tested it, it’s been a 100% failure rate. Not sure what I’m missing. It’s entirely possible that I’m doing something completely stupid… Beats me.

This is a great idea and was hoping I’d be able to start using night vision (not used because of all the bugs setting off the cameras) and was also hoping to stop using detection zone for the same reason and car headlights. So after turning those things off and enabling night vision, the camera still captures the motion (but doesn’t send a notification which is fine) but now what happens is that those other motions are still stored and what happens is that the “person” capture doesn’t happen if lets say a car drove by two mins ago. Since there is a 5 min lapse between captures, I rarely get person notifications because of cars and bugs which makes me have to revert back to turning on the lights outside and turning off night vision and putting the detection zones back on. So unfortunately this doesn’t help me actually see the needed notification because the other bugs, cars and headlights and so on still trigger a detection which doesn’t capture people if they walk within the 5 mins of a car driving by.

Mine doesn’t either. All cams up to date and there is NO update offered by Apple store. Last one was on July 1, 2019. No Wyse Service, no person detection…everything is the same as before.

GUESS WHAT: Apple store just poped up an update for Wyze…hours AFTER this was suppose to be available.

Yeah, the Apple app store has a weakness that it won’t show you the current version, it will show you the last known update in your cache. If you pull down the list of apps to be updated it will refresh and show you the very latest.

I always refresh that list every time I am in the app store update area now.

I did not expect this to be a free feature.
It makes me love Wyze even more!
Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I’ve updated the Firmware and the App and still do not see “Wyze Service” under Account. I-Phone 8

Do you have wyzecam v2 or the wyze pan? Make sure you have the latest app as referenced above by Newshound

1 Like

Do you have today’s version of the app? (v2.4.65 for iOS, v2.4.82 for Android) To see the most recent version in the iOS app store, pull down to refresh the list of apps to be updated.

No I don’t have v2.4.65 for iOS. Just updated recently to v2.4.34. Have tried to figure out how to get latest version from the app, but so far, no success. Account, About app page gives current version, but no link to upgrade app.

Follow my instructions, lol

Tried that and there is no Wyze app update available (for any version). Just updated 3 days ago to 2.4.34.

Dude, it will work. Never fails. Run App Store, go to updates, pull down to refresh list, install. No one else has failed this today.

This is a new version as of today.

Well ‘Dude’, it does fail. I went through all of that and there were no updates available. Finally, turned phone off and back on and then repeated and updates were available. Interesting that the app doesn’t have the link or information that a new update is available.

Glad you went above and beyond and got back to us. :+1: