Frame rate dropped to 1/3fps

Having the same issue on my v1 cams - LogID: 67086

Yes, Live view is fine but playback is a slideshow.

I have had wyze v1 cameras for a couple years now. But the version 1 camera 3 second skip problem is a new one and should have been fixed by now. The version 2 cameras were supposedly going to work with Google Home and Chromecast, but that doesn’t work either, they have been trying for a year now with no luck. Lots of promises, just to many new products with to many problems . I now have 2 Yi cameras, very similar to wyze, but they work !!

1 Like

Yay! An update to the iOS app! It fixes an issue with the new headphones. What a relief since I don’t own any headphones…what I DO have is the SAME PROBLEM WITH THE V1 CAMS!!!

FIX THE PROBLEM!!!

You would think that in this age of social media that Wyze would want to prevent bad word of mouth to get out about their products. Just keep it up guys.

1 Like

Same problem. 1 frame every 3 seconds in playback on all units that are V1. Since this has been happening since June it doesn’t appear Wyze is that interested in fixing the problem in the iOS app.

1 Like

I’ve gone from a WYZE evangelist (telling friends/neighbors/family) how great this system has been to now dreading to have to even look at the video playback on my phone. The entire reason I spent money on system, SD cards, etc, was that I could WATCH THE RECORDINGS IF SOMETHING HAPPENED!

Now I get audio, but only video every 3 seconds of action? Which means, that someone could walk all the way across a room, and I wouldn’t even see them. What a joke.

QUIT BUILDING NEW PRODUCTS AND SERVICE THE EXISTING PRODUCTS!

2 Likes

Gwendolyn,

Since my refund thread was troll-locked, I’m back to request a fix (again) for this issue. It’s still happening and we customers want to know what’s happening.

Today, another Wyze iOS app update.

Another disappointment. Still haven’t fixed the issue.

Having the same problem with my three V1 cameras, but my seven V2 cameras are doing fine. Please fix this problem, Wyze. Maybe you need to hire some additional software developers or get rid of some of the developers you have. You obviously have a developer problem.

A simple analogy, my '34 ford will still move and get me from point ‘A’ to point ‘B’ but, it has no cruise control, no A/C and it moves very slowly Compared to newer cars…

The point I am making is that perhaps you are asking too much, this is 2021 not 2018

A simpler analogy…

You buy a new 2018 Ford and when you push down the accelerator, it jumps three feet and then stops, jumps three feet and then stops—and on and on.

So of course, you’d return it to the dealer and they’d say we’ll fix it with a software update and send you home. Then the fix never shows.

So (of course) you’d buy a brand new car to replace it because it’s only money. Right?

(eye roll)

Fords were never dependable anyway My point is the version one camera is no longer supported I don’t know how long the V2 or V3 will be.

what I do know is that Wyze needs to get wise

I don’t have a V1, but where’s the link that says Wyze no longer supports that model?

I don’t know where the link is maybe Reddit or in the forums or saw on YouTube. But it’s pretty obvious from the response from Wyze that they no longer support it

Then they actually have to come out and say it in a public forum. This is ridiculous.

They have a tendency to Alude to a lot of things
But there’s no proof in the pudding

FYI, the 1/3 iOS bug appears to be back. live stream had worked for me in a fix they did after a few months. but in the recent update(s) – as of a month or two back was okay don’t recall exactly when it went poof (only view the playbacks when I need to view them and great time to find out the playback is busted).

Already contacted support. and an adnroid phone can seem them, so isn’t a camera SD/network issue.

Hmm, several previously fixed bugs are back, what’s going on at Wyze?

The 1/3 bug as you call it never went away since my last post. Wyze doesn’t give a damn about v1 owners apparently as they REFUSE to even admit that there is a problem (still).

I’m certain they’re probably innovating on the next great invention like the Wyze Toaster or maybe the Wyze Doormat.

Think about it, if you had the creative innovation that they have, would you ever stop to waste your time on maintenance of your products?

Release something new! Then people will forget about the other old garbage.