Forum Operations Feedback Thread

Hi, everyone!

We definitely made some major improvements with our new forum (not to toot our own horn :trumpet:). But there may be features that you want that we don’t have here yet. Or perhaps you would like to see something done a little bit differently? We can’t promise that we’ll follow everyone’s ideas and many changes that we do work on will likely take time. But we DO want to hear from you about what would make the Wyze Community the best experience possible for you. :slight_smile:

So… What do you have for us?

Best,

WyzeGwendolyn

MODERATOR NOTE: Please restrict posting in this topic to questions or suggestions about the operation of the forum. If you wish to discuss Wyze devices or services, please post in a related topic or create a new one in the appropriate forum category. Thanks!

61 Likes

Looks like there is a small bug in the general lay out of the forum?

3 Likes

Thanks! Will look into this.

4 Likes

Video in this thread does not play in Google Chrome Browser

15 Likes

When Someone posts a new reply , I’m Not getting email or forum ,Notifications now , From threads I previously posted in, on the old Forum

@WyzeDongsheng… it does play for me in Chrome under macOS. Maybe a Windows problem?

@HDRock, Assuming your notification settings are correct, I wonder if the watched status for old posts didn’t make it over in the migration. @CaptainMark?

(I have myself set to get notifications for pretty much everything, so I can’t really tell.)

3 Likes

I need to check this, I’m not sure. I’m also not seeing issues on the video so will have to look into it.

4 Likes

strange…I am also using a Mac. MacOS 10.13

2 Likes

Can you try another browser or clear your forum-related cache?

2 Likes

firefox works. but on Chrome, with incognito mode, it still does not play.

4 Likes

safari works too.

3 Likes

I’m not using incognito mode. That might be the difference.

3 Likes

The old threads are showing Tracking instead of watched

When I click on this link On my Windows 10 PC , With Chrome browser , It Does not play , it automatically downloads it, which I do not like

For reference, here are the definitions of Watching vs Tracking…

2 Likes

If you click on the video link in the pasted post above, it will download. But if you click on the post title itself, it will take you to that post and the video should play in line.

2 Likes

Alex what section and browser are you seeing this? I can’t replicate.

2 Likes

Hi. Firefox, general overview section of the forum. Not near a computer. Will try to replicate and make a second screenshot soon.

1 Like