Forum Operations Feedback Thread

Yes, you are able to use two separate accounts but you will not be able to log into them at the same time on the same device.

@rfreitag26, welcome to the community and we’re glad we were able to help! :slight_smile:

So If I have the app on my IPhone then I would have to log out of one to look at the other? Would I still get alerts from both if I am logged out of one?

You can only be logged into one account at a time using the app on one phone/tablet.

To view cameras from two accounts, or to get alerts from two different accounts on that one phone/tablet, you need to enable sharing of cameras between the two accounts:

There are limitations to this sharing, and there is a Wishlist item where you can vote for more control over permission sharing:

2 Likes

Please correct me if I’m wrong… it appears that you own and control two sets of cameras, one set at home and one set at work. To better organize and control your cams, put both sets of cameras under one account and create a camera group for each set of cams (home group and work group). Then you can create and use rules, schedules and shortcuts to actions for each cam and/or a group of cams and/or all groups and/or all cams. Grouping and Sorting products is described here:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030146191-Group-and-Sort-Products

Please note that the user interface has changed slightly and the help pages have not been updated accordingly. For example, to create/add a device group: Wyze app Home > tap the “+” in the upper left corner > Add Device Group > Camera Group > Enter a group name > Select cameras for this group > Done.

2 Likes

Will that work if the work group of cameras is behind a firewall and using a different WiFi network?

It depends on how restrictive the firewall is. I have different cam groups on different networks. Both are behind firewalls. If I had to share one of the groups, I’d probably set up a different account though.

2 Likes

That’s what I figured. I have always gone the route of creating a Wyze account for each physical location. Then share the cameras to one central account.

Just seems cleaner and easier to set up.

3 Likes

That’s a great idea. I like it! :+1:

2 Likes

So I could use the same account for both places while using 2 different WiFi networks?

1 Like

Absolutely. I have a half dozen or so different locations / WiFi networks on one account. The WiFi network is a per device setting.

The big reason for separate accounts is who gets to control the settings and view the SD card playback. If you are the person completely in charge of the cams at both locations, you’re good to go with just one account.
:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Okay great thank u

2 Likes

Horrible and cannot start a thread!

How come I still see the new messages count at 49 in Ask The Community even after I set my preferences to consider a message “new” if it is less than 2 days old?

I am new to Wyze, just purchasing the band and scale looking for an alternative to Apple products. As I have been trialing, I must say the overall product is fantastic (especially Alexa on my wrist). The few problems I have encountered so far: I need military time option, I have worked with military time my whole life so the band stays at home when I go to work. The bugs need to be fixed quicker, I live in Colorado and my weather says Seattle and should have been fixed ASAP as other people have posted this problem. I need a tap to wake option, as it does not turn on every time I look at my wrist. Besides that, so far I am a happy customer and am considering other products. As for the weight scale, top notch! Thank you for listening.

Nothing works right since I upgraded to CAMPlus. Camera lost color, I get notifications of motion but nothing gets recorded, Help isn’t available to send a problem to.

Wyze blew it with this one. I want a refund but don’t know how to get one. I’ll contest it with my Credit Card.

1 Like

If we start with the camera lost color problem verify that night vision is in the auto or off position and there is enough light.

To cancel you should be able to contact support via phone Monday morning and cancel.

1 Like

Thanks Jason. I turned off night vision but that didn’t solve the problem.

Everything was working perfectly until I upgraded to CAMPlus. I talked to Tech Support last week. They tried some tests and said they would send me new cameras because everything tested properly with my network. Then they sent an email and reneged on that as they said my cameras were over 1 year old.

If you turn night vision on and off do you hear a clicking in the camera? It might be possible the filter is stuck, I have seen some people had luck sliding a magnet around the cam to get the filter to free up.

2 Likes

Jason

I don’t hear a clicking but I see the night vision lights go on and off.

I’m going to call TechSupport today. I keep getting notifications that the camera recorded motion (even when there isn’t any) but there aren’t any Events saved.

Something happened when I upgraded to CAMPlus. At that time it called for a firmware upgrade too. Ever since nothing has worked right but before that everything worked perfectly.

Thanks for all your help. I’ll let you know if I get it resolved with them.

Jason

I finally got through to Wyze Tech Support. A nice gentleman named KJ got my CAMPlus service cancelled and my cameras working again. In addition to the setting for Night Vision he had me switch from On to Auto in the line above the camera and that got the color back.

He suggested not subscribing to CAMPlus for about 3 months until they have the bugs worked out.

I’m still having problems with Motion onlyrecording sporadically. I’ll keep playing with the settings and hopefully resolve it.

KJ said possibly the firmware didn’t install properly. I sent a note to see how I can reinstall that as I can’t find a way to do it in the App.

Thanks again for your help. Apparently CAMPlus isn’t quite finished yet.